Another Ipod question? The OEM accessory

Will the AUX port, work just to play the iPod through it?? I will have the nav. ONLY, can I control it through the steering wheel ?? Thanks

steering wheel controls for next track = ipod accessory required

steering wheel controls for volume and mode selection work no matter what you are listening to (aux port, am/fm, cd, sat, etc)

steering wheel controls for next track = ipod accessory required

steering wheel controls for volume and mode selection work no matter what you are listening to (aux port, am/fm, cd, sat, etc)

So, can I just plug it in the AUX jack, and it will play (MEDIA button?)? I will control it through a remote that I bought online.

So, can I just plug it in the AUX jack, and it will play (MEDIA button?)? I will control it through a remote that I bought online.

Yes, this should work after the splitter is installed. I'm pretty sure if you have NAV (like I do) the AUX port is disabled by default. You'll need the splitter to reactivate it allowing it to function again. This will also to allow you to have either the IPOD integration kit or SIRIUS, but not both...that is unless you have the guy, from a few posts back, do that mod.\

I tested it today, and my AUX is not working and I do have NAV. I ordered the splitter when I bought the car, so Its just a matter of time before I can have my IPOD wokring.

Yes, this should work after the splitter is installed. I'm pretty sure if you have NAV (like I do) the AUX port is disabled by default. You'll need the splitter to reactivate it allowing it to function again. This will also to allow you to have either the IPOD integration kit or SIRIUS, but not both...that is unless you have the guy, from a few posts back, do that mod.\

I tested it today, and my AUX is not working and I do have NAV. I ordered the splitter when I bought the car, so Its just a matter of time before I can have my IPOD wokring.

Mine worked right from the factory without the switchbox. (GT AWD with Navi / Bose, Sirius and switchbox installed later from dealer). Yours should too. Make sure when you hit the media button, you then also turn the volume up quite a bit (for some reason the media setting has its own volume control). The only reason that it wouldn't work from the factory is if you have Sirius already installed from the factory. Then the aux is disabled until you add the switchbox; then both aux and Sirius will work.

If you don't have Sirius from the factory, the aux port should most definitely work right away, whether or not you have the nav system. This is only true for the CX-9, and may be different for the CX-7 (where it seems that one can't have factory navi and the aux port working, looking elsewhere on this forum).

Mine worked right from the factory without the switchbox. (GT AWD with Navi / Bose, Sirius and switchbox installed later from dealer). Yours should too. Make sure when you hit the media button, you then also turn the volume up quite a bit (for some reason the media setting has its own volume control). The only reason that it wouldn't work from the factory is if you have Sirius already installed from the factory. Then the aux is disabled until you add the switchbox; then both aux and Sirius will work.

If you don't have Sirius from the factory, the aux port should most definitely work right away, whether or not you have the nav system. This is only true for the CX-9, and may be different for the CX-7 (where it seems that one can't have factory navi and the aux port working, looking elsewhere on this forum).

You're right, the volume was really low, Good Call. But oh my god is the playback crappy, I hear static galore. I have the Isolator from crutchfield on order, but I am hearing mass static without the engine even on. If this is the way it's supposed to be, I think I'll just have to burn a bunch more of MP3 CDs and pass on the Ipod.

Last edited:
There should be no static. There is only a ground loop issue if you are charging the ipod at the same time that you have it plugged into the aux port. If it is not plugged into the power port, the sound should be crystal clear (or as clear as is possible from an ipod). Make sure that you are using the correct sized cable (1/8" stereo), and not a mono or other type. The only thing the isolator will do is let you charge it at the same time as listening to it without that ground loop; it won't make it sound better otherwise.

Also, make sure the volume on the iPod is set to something near 80%. Since you are using the headphone output, not the line output, having the correct level set makes a difference. With the iPod set at this level, I only have to set the CX-9 volume to about 20-25 for a reasonable level. If that's not the case for you, then something else is going on.

If the only connection you have is from the headphone out of the iPod to the Aux input in the console, you should be getting great sound quality with no static or hum. It's only when you try to use the line output and/or charge the iPod from the power jack that you may have a ground loop hum problem.

Also, make sure the volume on the iPod is set to something near 80%. Since you are using the headphone output, not the line output, having the correct level set makes a difference. With the iPod set at this level, I only have to set the CX-9 volume to about 20-25 for a reasonable level. If that's not the case for you, then something else is going on.

If the only connection you have is from the headphone out of the iPod to the Aux input in the console, you should be getting great sound quality with no static or hum. It's only when you try to use the line output and/or charge the iPod from the power jack that you may have a ground loop hum problem.

Thanks for the tips both of you, I also am going to try my buddy's Ipod... just in case mine is jacked.

The cable is definately a 1/8" stereo, I bought this super duper gold plated one from best buy.

I'll readjust the volume to 80. I think I had it all the way up, though I could hear the static at around 40-50%.

I've found that turning it all the way up causes the iPod to distort a bit on some of the louder passages. For me, the best setting seems to be about 80-85%.

I've found that turning it all the way up causes the iPod to distort a bit on some of the louder passages. For me, the best setting seems to be about 80-85%.

Ok I changed the Volume to 80% and realized that I only get the hissing & static noise when I plug the Ipod into the charger. This is just sitting with the car on in park. If I disconnect the charger, the sound is perfect. So this is where I need the crutchfield ground loop isolater thinggy I assume.

Can someone post name of dealership where they installed switch box with Nav and Siruis...so that Aux is now functioning. My dealership told me there was no way...would not work...

Thanks in advance...

i-miwa...I note that you are in Chicago (me, too)...if I read the posts right, you have Nav + Sirius + Aux? What dealership did you go to?

i-miwa...I note that you are in Chicago (me, too)...if I read the posts right, you have Nav + Sirius + Aux? What dealership did you go to?

Nope, I have neither Nav nor Sirius. Sorry. Just the Bose audio, but I'm using the H/K Drive+Play to control the iPod with the audio from the iPod going through the Crutchfield ground loop isolator.

That's great news.. So, we can have Nav, Sirius, and iPod integrataion with the modded switch box?

Craig

Not as I understand it. The modded switch box uses the Nav input to allow both the Sirius and the iPod adapter; the person who created the mod doesn't have Nav. The standard switchbox allows aux+Sirius or aux+iPod adapter, and Navigation will work in either configuration.

Ok.. my dealer just told me that my aux input cannot work because I have the touchscreen nav... along with Sirius. He said there is something with the touchscreen that causes the prob?? I have the touch nav and sirius and would be happy with just the aux inout.. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Craig

Back