All Weather Mats...Which?

Were you able to get the Findway liners?
I didn't last weekend but am getting them this weekend. I promise to post a full review with photos.
It's $99 cdn, which I believe is about $8 U.S.!! (Harhar!!)
Is this Findway liners Canadian special too?

BTW, when did Canadian Dollar depreciated that much? ($99 CAD = $8 USD? (uhm))

sorry, missed your question

on the mazda canada website, http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/buildPrice.action , build your own, it lists 3 types

FLOOR LINERS $210.00
FLOOR MATS - ALL WEATHER MATS - $150.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 1ST ROW - $175.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 2ND ROW - $129.00

we had all weather types in other vehicles, but still got some carpet damage, so decided to go big this time LOL

attachment.php
-----
attachment.php

driver side - pedal view-----driver floor view

attachment.php

front passenger

attachment.php
------
attachment.php

rear passenger--------rear passenger - full across (one piece)

the colour matches the vehicle interior (blk leather) although the pics don't really show it on the front ones due to the phone flash

they're installed, stock carpet mats pulled -you can see the grommet type things on the front pics

depth is 2" for the front ones, 3" for the rear piece

like i said in orig post - a little pricey compared to some but we threw them in as part of overall pillaging negotiations :)
btw - we considered both the husky liners and the spider ones too
and prices really suck here for most accessories, especially if you get them from US firm and pay the exchange on top

sorry - no part no.
Just noticed that these Canadian only OEM floor liners even have Mazda logo built into the grooves in addition to the CX-5 wording! The front passenger liner has these two holes for two small anti-slip studs which normally just covered up by other liners! Why can we have these EOM liners here in the US?

Yes, but shipping to the states was very reasonable and quick for me. Cost was $108 USD shipped to FL.
I heard shipping between Canada and USA is very expensive? Anyway I was wondering if there is a Canadian Mazda dealer selling these OEM premium liners online (and hope the shipping is not outrageous)?

f1c872d432a5c9bd907f0edd04ab1993.jpg

1ceed899720c29683bdb07d0c1a4c7ea.jpg

The above pictures are from the 2016 cx5 findway mats. Impressions:
- very light but still sturdy
- great coverage overall
- holes go into pegs perfectly
- gas lever is covered. I'm not cutting a hole there. Will move it as needed. Not sure of long term effect on coverage of mats.

Those look great, bbt! I think they're a good blend of the carpeted look and having all-weather protection. And the price is VERY reasonable.

Keep an eye on the heelpad corners for the driver's side mat. Mine started peeling up a little bit - bottom left corner - a few months in. I contacted the owner via email and he quickly sent out some epoxy. Applied that and it's been good ever since.

Those look great, bbt! I think they're a good blend of the carpeted look and having all-weather protection. And the price is VERY reasonable.

Keep an eye on the heelpad corners for the driver's side mat. Mine started peeling up a little bit - bottom left corner - a few months in. I contacted the owner via email and he quickly sent out some epoxy. Applied that and it's been good ever since.

Hank, thanks for the props! ;)

Did you cut a hole out of the mat to fit the gas tank lever or left it as is and physically move the mat every time you needed a fill up?

How long did you have the mats before the peeling began?

Also I noticed that the backseat isn't as perfect a fit as the front but about 95% there with some bunching up on the "bridge"...but more than adequate.

Hank, thanks for the props! ;)

Did you cut a hole out of the mat to fit the gas tank lever or left it as is and physically move the mat every time you needed a fill up?

How long did you have the mats before the peeling began?

Also I noticed that the backseat isn't as perfect a fit as the front but about 95% there with some bunching up on the "bridge"...but more than adequate.

First off, the mats I got were for our Mazda5, so it's not exactly like your CX-5, however, they look very similar in terms looks and quality - and aside the fact that ours are tan in color :).

I did not trim the gas lever area. It doesn't bother me that I have to nudge the mat a little bit to flip the gas tank lever. I would say the heel pad curled up a bit maybe around the 3 or 4 month mark. It's been fine ever since the epoxy. No other parts have curled. Hopefully mine was an anomaly and your will hold up well.

I bought the OEM all weather mats and they suck.
Went back and bought the WT's.
I think Canadian only OEM Premium Liners are the best! WeatherTech won't be my choice due to half ass dead pedal coverage and these comments from other posts.

The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

Wow so glad you posted the Findway ones - I wasn't too thrilled with any of the options (due to the rubbery/plasticy look) but the finders look awesome, just placed my order for a set!

Wow so glad you posted the Findway ones - I wasn't too thrilled with any of the options (due to the rubbery/plasticy look) but the finders look awesome, just placed my order for a set!

Cool! Post back with your impressions when you get them installed :)

I just installed the WeatherTech mats in the front. One thing I do like is that compared to the OEM all weather mats the WeatherTech provide better protection on the sides due to a significantly higher lip, and the fit is very good. It covers the carpet basically all the way up to the plastic moulding in some key places. It would be better with a complete dead pedal cover but I can live with the half cover.

One idea in regards to the dead pedal issue - not sure if Harbor Freight sells the same stuff in other areas, but my local one has what I guess I could call "stair" grips or "pedal" grips - basically thick rubber pads with an imprinted tread that can be used on tools, or anything that you can attach a rubber pad too. I think the size and shape of those would be a good fit for the dead pedal area and they do have a sticky backing to them. I may pick one up to see if it would fit - I think they're only a couple bucks.

+1 for Findway.

I live in Canada, in the same province where they ship from so I got them pretty quick. It is nice there is a 30 day money back and 1 year warranty.

The front and passenger liners fit like a glove and I am suspecting they're going to be great. I haven't been able to get a good fitting for the back liner because I was fiddling in the dark. I hope to fix them and I'll post some pictures. I'm hoping these will be well worth the $99 CDN.

Got my Findways in today - seems to be pretty nice and look like factory pieces! I'm sure the weathertechs and others may be a lot more durable but for the price and the look they can't be beat. I will say the back seat piece isn't perfect - the hump in the middle appears to be slightly too wide/long vs the car, but not too much of a big deal really. I may even try to get an extra set of hands to stretch them out a little. They do incorporate the lumps for the seat belt retainers, etc so I'm impressed. FYI for the back ones I tucked them under the front seat tracks a little which helps hold them in place.

Pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mz40vfhairtep8i/AAD_OMekeHUi5-MseruM_4WMa

Back