aftermarket TPMS

azdolt

Hi,

Did a search and didn't see anything thing, if this topic had been discussed, please point me to the right post. :)

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with aftermarket TPMS? (such as Dorman or Orange)? The cost of the aftermarket ones are 1/2 to 1/3 from the dealer price. If it's my vehicle, I won't care, but wife want it working. Thanks.

Rgds,
Alan

I would use the aftermarkets but only whatever Discount Tire sells. That said, I don't have aftermarkets - when I changed my tire size I had my old OEM TPMS transferred.

Just a quick update, I manage to find a setup of 16" P5 wheel (NO TPMS), swapped all 4, and the TPMS light is off for the 5 miles that I drove.
This was tested on a 08 Sport. Anyone know will the light come on after a number of start that has no TPMS anywhere? Thanks.

Alan

Hello all...

Same question as above, what's your experience with aftermarket TPMS sensors?
Anybody using the "Orange" brand?
What's the best place to get them?

Thank you!

I just want to follow up on my own post above (I guess nobody here uses this brand of sensor).

I was about to buy aftermarket sensors ("Orange" brand of aftermarket TPMS would work fine, according to the reviews I see on the net). I found them aftermarket units here in Ontario Canada for CAD $40. But then I called the dealer, and surprise, surprise... the OEM sensor made by Siemens in Germany are only CAD $44.11.

So for that price I got the OEM sensors. Part number GN3A-37140B

Because the USA dollar has an extremely attractive exchange rate right now (april 2015), CAD $44 are approx. USD $36.

IMG_2550_s.jpg

IMG_2552_s.jpg

IMG_2553_s.jpg

At $36 US, they are exactly half of what the same thing costs in the US!!!! The Dorman's (974039) are about $30....

just bought a used mazda5, and wondering if our car store 2 sets of tpms? or just 1 set?
if 2, how to i switch them?

just bought a used mazda5, and wondering if our car store 2 sets of tpms? or just 1 set?
if 2, how to i switch them?

I am assuming this is the first mazda you have? You do not need to program each sensor ID into the car. The car automatically detect them (there is an ID number on each sensor, but you do not need to enter it in the car's engine control unit).

I just got these sensors in the photos installed in the new rims, put the rims on the car, and they work. No need to do anything else, or to go to the dealer.

It is the same for our other car, 2009 Mazda 6: we switch the winter tires set for the summer set, and no need to reprogram anything.

yes, first time mazda owner, so, not even the first time? to register them?

Not even the first time.

I got the sensors at the dealer... took the photos above.... took the sensors to Simply Tire for installation on the rims (if you are in Toronto you may have heard of Simply TIre, close to Keele and Finch).

I installed the new rims myself. No need to register the sensors.

Back