AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

First thing I noticed is your over pressure is set to 7...you want this at 1.1 psi or lower, I have mine set at .5psi.

This means your afc starts working only after it sees 7psi....so no wonder no matter what number you put in the cells below 7psi...doesn't show improvement.

All cells until 1.1 psi should be at 10...then you can gradually reduce the whole row every half psi by .1....until 5psi. Or just use the supermap which is a good base map.

I would check all your other settings also...while your there and re-write to ecu. Example 4cyl/4stroke...vacuum/signal calibrator..then over pressure and that's it. I've seen these settings reset when I disconnect the battery on occasion.

One last thing..with msp ecu, if you start adding fuel...even if it's by .1, you'll get fuel cut. Example...if you have a cell with 10.1...you'll get cut off. So don't bother...besides, you won't need too.

Last edited:
I hope it solves the problem.

One more thing, I've run my wideband on stock ecu and when the car is warm, the msp ecu keeps it in closed loop or open loop (i get the 2 mixed up) until 4k rpm...which is why you have seen 15Afr....kinda scary but that's the way it is. I have my sensor at the right spot so I used to see 14's afr until 4k...even 15.2.

So because you have your over pressure set to 7(psi)...the car was acting as it should in closed loop or open loop as I said....which means lean afr's.

Goodluck!

^^^^^^^^^^Why don't you just put in bigger injectors. You could use them up there with the weather you get. I run 440's on stock turbo at about 14lbs and when i'm nice to it I still see about 300-330 miles a tank.

thanks but i know about the pressure activation point, we raised it to 7 because we thought it might keep it from going lean at initial wot. when i tuned mine with the afc i never remembered it going that lean at WOT, maybe for a mil second right before WOT but once my foot was down AF was straight to 10:1, then again I was running 10psi+ with good mods so it sure wasnt under 4K at WOT for long :)

I will be more specific, what i am wonder is if the PWM (the line i clicked and have highlighted blue in the pic) correct?

He is only spiking to 10 then down to 7ish so I dont think he wants to bother with injectors this year. I told him about the 440s before and he wasnt too interested as he is getting a beater for the winter/

until today i hadent checked this thread in a long long time since i posted my map years ago, now its 72 pages good work afc users

nice to know about cant add fuel, never even thought to do it on a msp before last night lol i will put activation point back down.

thanks

i started again from superstockmap and ignored afs before 4k car is running great, pulls hard and is very very smooth. night and day compared to stock boosted curve with the maf relocated.

car has front mount, t25r, msp mani, fmic and cat back/no cat, msp ecu. We ended up 11-12 and then at 6K the map goes to 10.5:1 til redline to keep it on the safe side. i played around with the activation point too.

I will upload the map next time i have the laptop connected to his car (owner is filippo dont know what his screen name is on here) so it can be added to the library.

thanks Jaysanooch

Thanks Jeff & Jaysanooch! Much appreciated (bowdown)

thanks

i started again from superstockmap and ignored afs before 4k car is running great, pulls hard and is very very smooth. night and day compared to stock boosted curve with the maf relocated.

car has front mount, t25r, msp mani, fmic and cat back/no cat, msp ecu. We ended up 11-12 and then at 6K the map goes to 10.5:1 til redline to keep it on the safe side. i played around with the activation point too.

I will upload the map next time i have the laptop connected to his car (owner is filippo dont know what his screen name is on here) so it can be added to the library.

thanks Jaysanooch

thanks

With the AFC...I wouldn't ignore the AFR's till 4k rpm...I would play with the map and the switch point. I see 12's at partial throttle above .5psi.

The "until 4k rpm" is without piggyback...running stock ecu.

man oh man.. so i've been loading a couple of different maps and all of 'em run pretty bad on my setup. I know the "tune it yourself" comment is comin. And believe me, ive read every page in this thread.. It just seems like there are some sigs out there that reflect setups very similar to mine. Where are you my friends and let me try some new maps. I'd like to have something solid to start from so i can save time at the dyno! any help is much appreciated (cheers)

Try the blue speed 440 map for starters and make sure your controller is set up correctly I use -1 for my over pressure. I did have to tweak the hell out of the map but it was the best starting place i could find for 440's.

^^^^^

It's not frustrating your just using a bad map. I have told her that from day one. She had nothing but problems because there is too much effen fuel in it. You cannot fuel cut if your modifying the signals. If you look back through her s*** when she had her car "tuned" it was fuel cut like a mofo. But it was never the tune low and behold the shop re tuned it and it went away. I've been running 440's for 2 years now on a ssafc. I made more whp and tq on a stock turbo than some people have on a bigger unit. I need to see your map!!!!

Until I edited the map myself and then had no fuel cut at all. It ran fine on my car after I did that, pulled hard with no fuel cut because I listened to you about it and edited the map by combining two 440cc maps and going from there to get rid of the fuel cut instead of using the FCD. My only issue after that was my front O2 sensor had no activity and then my AFC started running very lean and still did even after I changed the O2 sensor. Despite that, I still didn't have any fuel cut with the map I made, yet if I ran the two 440cc maps separately, I did, so I edited it myself to get it to run better. I never had my car "tuned" if you are thinking that it was tuned professionally. I have NEVER had a shop tune my AFC. Not sure where you are getting that from.

^^^^^

It's not frustrating your just using a bad map. I have told her that from day one. She had nothing but problems because there is too much effen fuel in it. You cannot fuel cut if your modifying the signals. If you look back through her s*** when she had her car "tuned" it was fuel cut like a mofo. But it was never the tune low and behold the shop re tuned it and it went away. I've been running 440's for 2 years now on a ssafc. I made more whp and tq on a stock turbo than some people have on a bigger unit. I need to see your map!!!!

Last edited:
I think there need's to be a disclaimer in this thread. Everyone's cars are different where we live what mods yada yada yada. There is not good map for anyone to start with. They will all require modification. Example at the least I have put 2 hours into a map which has resulted in a 20whp gain. That's with 2 hours work. Of course I know good starting points. My personnal map I have over 40 hours in. These things don't happen overnight. No matter what you start with your going to have to change variables.

Back