AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Yeah man, no one is responding to it so I'm about to go out and see what I can come up with.

Would the supermap be a good starting point still if I have: Forged, 565cc STi Pinks, Walbro FP, CAI, FMIC and a few other goodies? Or should i try starting with someone's 440cc map and go from there?

Supermap wouldn't work...maybe a 440 map might get you down the street. Tuning with 565's in vacuum is going to be a challenge if at all possible. I hope you have the wideband datalog option, cause if you do, it will save you a ton of time to get a base map to work with.

Datalog a 3rd gear pull at low boost...example 10-12psi and make the nessesary changes...in your case you'll have to enter numbers in the 6's maybe even 5's. Once you perfected your target AFR's until 12psi...the rest is common sense. Goodluck!

This is the same set up i have and the car runs like shiet, cant go past 4k hits fuel cut really bad, does any one out there has maps for people running 565cc's sti pinks?
BUMP.....

Nope. No maps to speak of. Have you datalogged when this happens? What AFR's to do you see when this happens? At what boost? You might be maxing out your MAF sensor maybe...not sure.

Last edited:
I'm in the high sevens low eights with 440's. Like he said tuning under vaccum is the most difficult. You really need a dyno and a good amount of time. I would reccomend calling around and seeing how much to self tune on their dyno. Most around here charge about 140 an hour. Plus add if you want their wideband hooked up etc etc. That's the only way to do it well. Then you have an awesome base map that just needs little tweaks on the street.

Last edited:
ok so anyways, I went tuning out today, did a quick 1hour tune with my friend, made a couple adjustments, here is the map I came up with.. most of the first reccordings are adjusting it, than the last couple are unchanged, and just wanted to see how the afr's were when I switched it to 9.5-10psi (also when trying to adjust the GReddy EBC, at 10psi, I could get it to get up to about 9.7-10psi well but at the higher rpms like 5 or 5.5-6k or something like that, I couldn't get it to hold 10psi, it would drop down to 9.6-9.7 about even though the gain is set to 30 or 32 I think now or something like that, might need to adjust it a little bit when it is a little cooler, since i adjusted for 10psi after a bunch of tuning runs.. (I'm guess it is just the wga or turbo dying off?) but anyways here is the map for now

(deleted most/all of the miss tunes (friend pressed the button at the wrong time, and also changed the tune a little after looking at the recordings a little more, trying to get the afrs down to high 11-12 or so quickly, hence the 10.1 and stuff in the beginning..)

EDIT: also, this map, is when I had a small exhaust leak from my s pipe and j pipe, one of the bolts weren't tight enough with the s pipe curve, so had to put some washers in it, but all good, now, so those #s should be richer for others

Attachments

• summer 09 tune1.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
I'm in the high sevens low eights with 440's. Like he said tuning under vaccum is the most difficult. You really need a dyno and a good amount of time. I would reccomend calling around and seeing how much to self tune on their dyno. Most around here charge about 140 an hour. Plus add if you want their wideband hooked up etc etc. That's the only way to do it well. Then you have an awesome base map that just needs little tweaks on the street.

Wow..high 7's on 440cc eh...ok ill edit my previous post then, thanks!

I almost got it, it's just running a little too rich. I was almost finished but then my lady friend was getting tired of waiting for me to visit her. I'll probably have a decent map by tomorrow night.

When you guys talk about being in the 7's or the low to mid 9's are you talkiing about the A/F ratios?

No i'm speaking of the injector pulse width number from the fuel map. My afr's are 11.8-12.4. at about 14lbs of boost on the stock turbo and internals.

Nope not afr's the car wouldn't move dynoed today their wideband graphed the same thing 11.8-12.4 afr. Made 240 hp and 220tq at about 14lbs of boost.

figure i'd upload my map. mods are in my sig. MSP ECU higboost kit t3/t4 tuned to about 12.5 PSI 11.8-12.5 AFR, part throttle could use a little more work in some places. if you add .1 in each cell at 12 psi should be around 11.2-11.8 AFR

obviously remove the .txt from the filename

Attachments

• Protege 440cc.mdb.txt
    310 KB · Views: 460
hi guys just got me the ss afc v1 and have a question: what would be a safe map to run without a wideband? (besides the supermap of course)

I'm in the high sevens low eights with 440's. Like he said tuning under vaccum is the most difficult. You really need a dyno and a good amount of time. .

I disagree with this. I prefure tuning under real conditions or the street. since I don't feal like paying out of the ass for a dyno. tuning it on the street is'nt difficult if you have empty strait roads to pull over on and try a tune. I've done several tunes without a dyno.

I disagree with this. I prefure tuning under real conditions or the street. since I don't feal like paying out of the ass for a dyno. tuning it on the street is'nt difficult if you have empty strait roads to pull over on and try a tune. I've done several tunes without a dyno.

+1 my car has never seen a dyno. just pull in a high gear. lol

P.S im running 440's and havn't had to tune vaccum except above 3500rpms from like -5.1inHg to 0 when the ECU decides to go pig rich.

Last edited:
So I just bought a SS AFC. I assume the best map to start tuning with the the SuperStock map on page 1?

Back