A CALL TO HELP!! :( Mazda MX-3 GS '94

beansNJ

:
1994 Mazda MX-3 GS
well, for starters, yesterday was probably 1 of the worst days of my lifeee

I finally picked up my car from PA (Richlandtown) the towing fee was 260, I paid 700 for the car itself,

I got it to the outside of my house (townhouse community) and the people I live with WENT CRAZYYY!!(to say the least) and I don't mean "happy"!

first off guys, no bumper (currently not on) no headlights (currently not on) and yeah, no tags, nothing!!

I called some of my buddy's over, we had to roll up my windows (weren't working) somehow, the motor was completely sh*t! so yeah, the driver side went up at snail speed but the passenger side didn't (I have to tape it up soon actually!)

so yep, so far about $1000, right?

okay, we went to go change the fuel pump which was under the passenger seat, my friends pinched the lines in the process =/

the gas, I can't even TELL you how horrible and toxic it smelt, AT ALL!

anyway, we get to the last screw before we can get the housing off the (blown) fuel pump which the person who sold it to me said needed replacement and the VERY LAST screw (of course) was stripped, it had a circular shape actually..

sooo, my friends suggested that I get a power drill and a bit and just drill right through it, get the pump on there and see what happens after the fuel pump goes on.

Also, a few of them said my lines need to be replaced before I even put in the pump because it might backfire..

SO, I ask of you guys as a community and a Mazda family, what should I do?

it's lowered on Eibach, rear and front strut bars,
I have Euro tail light (rear), CAI, and a few other goodies.

would you part this car out and call it a day or can you guys see that this could be less of a headache then it actually seems.

IF IT HELPS ANY, I LIVE IN CENTRAL JERSEY, EXIT 8 of the TURNPIKE!!

thanks guys,
-Martin S.

Last edited:
How much money do you want 2 drop on the car & what do you want out of it.. Write about it pros & cons.. Also Mx-3.com has more list of users there... Also check this site out 4 parts if you need so doing. http://www.car-part.com/

I can dump 10k on it, money isn't an issue, the only thing my money goes to is basically my car.

I just need so much done for that car haha I'm going legit, crazy!

can anyone adopt a buddy and message me their number so I can learn about these cars really quick.

cars not starting, put the fuel pump in, has a crappy allstate battery, won't turn over..idk what to do!

somebody pm their number

I'll be honest so forgive me if this sounds mean or harsh. It sounds like you don't live in a "mod-friendly" community (neither do my parents) so I doubt you will be able to even work on your car in the garage without the neighbors telling the community association and everyone bitching about your car. It was only parked there one day and you already got a ticket. Boo. I know how it is, my parents cringe when I come to visit since my car is loud.

This isn't your daily driver is it? If you're 18 and "money isn't an issue" then why start with an MX-3 as a project car? Why not an RX-7, RX-8 or a Miata? Something rear wheel drive. The Miata is a great car to begin to learn how to work on cars and are easy to wrench on and learn how things work, they are dependable and the BP will last forever.

And my first purchases would be a good tool set and tool box. Tools will last forever if you take care of them.

This is a great community and I'm sure you'll find plenty of help. The MX-3 and MX-6 isn't very busy on this forum though. Best of luck, mate!

@Lewis, true thanks man, I guess your righttt..

I appreciate the truth haha, I really just want a coupe or something though..

any suggestions?

maybe something less than 3K?

at least with a KL in it. lol. kl swapped mx3 with basic bolt on's can easily see 13's. its been done many times. even low 13's n/a with full interior have been done.

haha that's what I thought (evil) hahah

well, say it get the klde, what's a realistic price range for getting that engine and the cost for getting that installed. (labor and such)

yeah, I wanna keep it but idk.. maybe I'll get a probe it their lighter or better

no (braindead

I'm going to get a new battery tonight, maybe.

if that doesn't turn over, what else could be wrong?

also, the fuel smelt god awful, the gas might be years old, is there a precaution to having old gas?

If it is giving you a check engine light there's a easy way to check the problem and get what the engine code is thrown with a paperclip (I don't remember off the top of my head). If you go on MX-3.com and use the SEARCH (they hate people who ask without looking) I'm sure you can find out how to run the codes. I own a MX-3 but I've never run codes cause my baby still runs perfect (knock on wood). Check the distributor as well, take a look at the ignition coil, check the spark plugs (may as well replace them, they're about $8 a piece for NGK plugs in TX), and change the oil. MX-3.com has a treasure trove of information though, I'm a active member on there so send a PM some time.

not to discourage you but my experience with old gas is that it leads to stuck fuel pressure regulators , stuck injectors ect. i have run upon old gas that wouldn't even burn. you may have to drain/remove it.

Back