93 mazda rx7 won't start

STG xEulogy

:
Mazda FD RX7 1993
My rx7 won't start. I got in it to go somewhere and it started right up but sputtered till it eventually died. when I tried to crank it back up it would not start. It will try to start but never will. The car has a power fc and is meth injected but other than that it is all stock. The battery is new and all the lights work when I turn it over so I am positive it isn't that. I'm hoping its something that i will be able to fix myself and not have to take it to a shop. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best bet would be to ask someone on rx7club in the 3rd gen section.

But as an FC owner let's see if I can help.
Does it have gas? Have the plugs/fuel filter been replaced lately? Have you tried the deflooding procedure?

How long has it had the PFC and methanol injection? If you still have the stock ECU you could try to swap it back in, disable the methanol injection, and see if the car starts. Otherwise, check all the usual suspects: spark plugs, vacuum lines, fuel/ignition power and ground wires, etc. I didn't think FD's had flooding issues but I guess the PFC and/or methanol injection could cause that. Do FD's have the feature that cuts fuel when you push the accelerator pedal tbo the floor while cranking? You can also pull the fuel and ignition fuses and crank the engine for a few seconds a couple times. If that fixes the problem you likely have a leaky injector. If it starts and sputters again it could be an issue of too much fuel. Worst case is you have a failed water seal that is slowly leaking into the combustion chamber.

Latest posts

Back