74.00.324A Infotainment FW Update

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Just FYI, for anyone wanting to update to latest infotainment version.

Just updated mine, it took about 28 minutes total (I was on 74.00.230 w/ Music Database version 00.096.000). This update also updated the music database to 00.12.003 (which just means more album art is available).

Unfortunately, I wont be providing links to the FW (took me less than a minute to figure out the link using google).

It is noticeably faster. I also notice that if I use Siri or any text-to-speech function, it now routinely (properly) goes back to SiriusXM (or whatever source I was listening to prior).

With my .230 and prior, using text-to-speech anything would inadvertently leave the Mazda infotainment in phone mode.

While some of my previous updates where just "meh", this one does seem worth it (in my opinion!).

70.00.335 until today when I upgraded to 74.00.324A. No difference observed so far. I can't tell if it runs faster or the graphic is better or anything. It just looks the same, feels the same, runs the same. So far so good.

70.00.335 until today when I upgraded to 74.00.324A. No difference observed so far. I can't tell if it runs faster or the graphic is better or anything. It just looks the same, feels the same, runs the same. So far so good.
What year CX5 are you driving?

I think the 2019 CX5 has a different infotainment system then the 2020, they upgraded the screen size.

It's the same system, just that the 2020 has the 8" screen (you can even upgrade your 7" screen to the 8" one if you so desire as it fits without modifications), while the earlier model years have the 7". The 2021+ CX5s have the newer infotainment system.

I just found out my 2019 is still under warranty. Going in 21st!
I had the .324A update done. It seems to startup faster. I noticed in the channelog that it was for 1. Can't connect to Sirius XM and 2. Check your Sirius XM tuner. I did have both of those problems.

UPDATE: If you have a 2019 CX5 GT hold off on doing this .324A update! I just used my CX5 this AM ran the car for 10 minutes got out of the car for 20 minutes got back in and the infotainment system couldn't connect to Sirius!! This was a old problem they had and you would think an updated SW would work better. The last version I had working ok was .311.

Change Log:

Ver. 74.00.324 fixes these software errors (bugs):
If the shift lever is operated quickly while displaying the CarPlayTM screen, the rear view screen may not return to
the CarPlayTM screen.

When the gear position is shifted into P from R, the screen may not return to the previous condition before shifting
into the R position.

hello,

I bought an apple car play kit from Amazon for my 2018 CX-5, it is currently running 70.00.335 NA.

My understanding is I do not need to update the firmware to the latest version, but might as well. If someone could send me the NA N_74.00.324A-UPDATE.UP (North America ONLY), that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

I had my infotainment firmware upgraded to 74.00.324 by the Mazda dealer. My car is a 2021 CX-5 (same infotainment system as a US 2020). Seems to work well...

Attachments

• 74.00.324 - Jan 24.JPG
    74.00.324 - Jan 24.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 175
Update: after having used it for a few days, I can confirm it is faster and more responsive. The whole infotainment system boots faster, starts playing the USB music faster, and the menus and options are less laggy.

Back