74.00.324A Infotainment FW Update

I gave the update more time in my 2019 Cx5 GT and it is working better. I had that one Sirius XM error but all is better since. I find the startup better!

Update: Last night had more trouble with Sirius XM with the new FW update. After visiting a restaurant for an 11/2 hours the infotainment system couldn't connect to Sirius XM, I gave it 15 minutes to try and connect. I was able to change sources so the FM and USB was an option. I didn't think of trying the Android Auto at the time. The next day everything was fine, go figure!

updated the 70.** version to 74.00.324A after the local dealer denied the warranty work. Took me 25-30 minutes max, everything working as it should. No more lag or slow response.

Is that version independent of Mazda model?

Unlike OP, I wasn't able to find the download in a minute. Unfortunately it isn't obvious to me how to distinguish a clean and valid file, from zipped malware :(

Is that version independent of Mazda model?

Unlike OP, I wasn't able to find the download in a minute. Unfortunately it isn't obvious to me how to distinguish a clean and valid file, from zipped malware :(

Check your PM

Deleted the confrontational, unnecessary posts.

Next time, please read through the thread or ask for clarifications respectfully before jumping to conclusions and judging another user's character.

Thank you

Has anyone directly updated from 55.00.753 NA to 74.00.324A? I have read that it does work, just wanted to get confirmation prior to attempting.

Last edited:
It's the same system, just that the 2020 has the 8" screen (you can even upgrade your 7" screen to the 8" one if you so desire as it fits without modifications), while the earlier model years have the 7". The 2021+ CX5s have the newer infotainment system.
Hi Mate!
Did you make this change?

I have a cx5 2020 with a 7" screen, I'm thinking of buying this one on eBay from 8".

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Do they really fit?

Can you PM me the FW, please? I have a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with the following FW versions. Can I upgrade straight to the current one?:
OS Ver: 59.00.502 NA N
Music Database Ver: 00.70.000
Fail-Safe Ver: 59.00.502

Please PM @ASH8, they can provide the firmware and instructions for you. The PM I sent to murky just explained that you should PM ASH8 directly to get the software.

Can you PM me the FW, please? I have a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with the following FW versions. Can I upgrade straight to the current one?:
OS Ver: 59.00.502 NA N
Music Database Ver: 00.70.000
Fail-Safe Ver: 59.00.502
I just updated my 2016.5 CX-5 from 55.00.753 NA to 74.00.324A NA, directly. No problems. Just make sure you wait for update to complete. It stalls for a few minutes at various stages (2%, 80%, 98%) and follow instruction precisely.

I updated from 70. something to this as well.

I don't notice any difference, good or bad. I did not do the recommended factory reset.

What is the cost if you are outside of warranty?

It's free if you can get the required files from one of our members here and do the update yourself. However, you can also take your car to the dealer and request for them to update it. They would probably charge you according to their shop rate, which can vary from dealer to dealer. You can always call the dealer to see what they would charge for an infotainment firmware update/reflash.

Just FYI, for anyone wanting to update to latest infotainment version.

Just updated mine, it took about 28 minutes total (I was on 74.00.230 w/ Music Database version 00.096.000). This update also updated the music database to 00.12.003 (which just means more album art is available).

Unfortunately, I wont be providing links to the FW (took me less than a minute to figure out the link using google).
can you please point me in the right direction for this link

Back