2022 CX-5 Improvements

Does your '20 give warnings? My '19 nor my '21 have that. All I get is the speed limit shown in the HUD and gauge cluster.
You have to update your settings for the speed warning at 2, 5, or 10mph to show.

For those interested, here is the high beam pattern on the '22.
You can see the low beam cut off stays while the additional LEDs for the high beams activate.

Attachments

• Headlights.jpg
    Headlights.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 166
i just noticed the picture of the ‘22 has painted wheel arches. is this across all trims? thats nice.

The painted wheel arches is only on the most expensive trim I think, whatever they're calling it.. I stopped paying attention to the new naming structure after the Preferred trim since that had everything I wanted.

I didn't have a previous CX-5, but I came from a '18 Mazda3. I'm more satisfied with the CX-5 overall. I don't know how the previous models were, but I hate that slight hesitation when you first take off in 1st gear from a stop, even in sport mode. It's just a split second delay but it's more annoying the more I drive it.

The best thing I like so far (and biggest surprise) is how stiff the suspension feels, and how (relatively) flat it corners. Honestly feels a bit stiffer than my Mazda3, but that could just be subjective & how disappointed I was in how soft the 3 felt relative to my expectations.

Seats could be a bit wider, I feel the bottom bolster gnawing at my left leg after a while. I assume Mazda didn't change the size of the seats, just the cushion. Which is still on the hard side but I prefer harder seats so it suits me fine.

Fuel economy is pleasantly 2-5 more MPG cruising on the highway (70-75mph) than the EPA estimate. Conversely, it's 2-4 MPG less in stop & go (city) driving as well vs the EPA esitmate.

Correct. Painted wheel arches are in glossy black for Turbo model and in vehicle colors for Signature model.
On Turbo model, the lower portions of bumpers are matt and available silverish trim pieces can be added on top if you preferred. See the JDM accessories below.
Yes. JDM has the Zircon Sand color for CX-5 ... :(
1650476421586.png

That would only apply if they weren’t beefed up then wouldn’t it. The battery and starter is designed for stop start and hundreds of thousands of cycles unlike standard battery and starter. Luckily for the uninformed, Mazda have thought of these things.
Dude - wake up!
We're talking about remote start not stop/start.

You’ve certainly lost me, what were you referring to in post 10?
The OP was stating how the remote start causes the engine to shut down when you open the door.
I was just stating that in a normal vehicle (non start/stop without special battery/starter) this would be additional wear & tear on starter/battery.

The OP was stating how the remote start causes the engine to shut down when you open the door.
I was just stating that in a normal vehicle (non start/stop without special battery/starter) this would be additional wear & tear on starter/battery.
Must be an American thing. All the European ones have a high cycle starter and battery.

The European ones need automatic stop/start to meet emissions legislation. Even without, I doubt the one additional start after opening the door when using remote start is going to inflict any measurable wear on the battery or starter. These OEM systems always shut the engine down to ensure the person opening the door is in possession of the key (don’t drive away without it AND own it). I wouldn’t want mine to keep running personally.

When the 2022 was released, Mazda played up the mechanical improvements as well as the styling tweaks. Things like a more responsive 6-speed transmission, better NVH, suspension tweaks, better seats etc.
I haven’t read or seen a review touting these things.

Anyone here upgrade from eg a 2020/2021 who has noticed the improvements?
Got the new one ordered. I’ll report back when it turns up (due October).

The European ones need automatic stop/start to meet emissions legislation. Even without, I doubt the one additional start after opening the door when using remote start is going to inflict any measurable wear on the battery or starter. These OEM systems always shut the engine down to ensure the person opening the door is in possession of the key (don’t drive away without it AND own it). I wouldn’t want mine to keep running personally.
OEM system could of easily interogated the FOB to determine if the person entering the vehicle is the lawful owner. No FOB - shutdown, FOB present continue on.

the infotainment system is a huge improvement from the 2017
200% agree. The new 2022 boots up so fast. Much higher screen resolution.
Faster response time also.

However, I dislike how the address is entered by dial, not by touch.
I guess I will use Google map when I do need route guidances.

200% agree. The new 2022 boots up so fast. Much higher screen resolution.
Faster response time also.

However, I dislike how the address is entered by dial, not by touch.
I guess I will use Google map when I do need route guidances.
havnt tried the navi yet but yea on the 2017 it was quite the chore to punch in the destination! ;)

Back