2021 CX-9 GT infotainment system restart issue

I got a new 2021 CX-9 GT a few weeks ago, and noticed infotainment system restart at the beginning of the drive. (restart about 5-6 times before normal function). And it is pretty random, not every drive.
Asked dealer, and dealer said it would restart when it is cold. But sometimes, infotainment system works fine during morning drive, but has issue around noon. Does anyone know the root cause? Thanks for any suggestions!

Sorry to hear. Honestly I think they are just brushing you off. My advise is record with your phone when it happens so they don't think you're crazy. Also be more firm that it's a safety issue. What if you were backing up and the screen froze? Let them know you want the complain be documented on the service order so if you get into any accident, u have proof of faulty equipment. Next is contact corporate.

What a bunch of clowns!! The car is full of electronics so in their opinion don't use it when is cold!. Culprit number 1 for spontaneous infotainment reboots is SD NAV card if you have it remove it for a few days and see if system behaves like it suppose to be.. Clean SD card contacts with a pencil eraser. Check your firmware version, there's a TSB around about this very issue I'll post if I'm able to locate it. Go to another dealer or contact corporate.

What a bunch of clowns!! The car is full of electronics so in their opinion don't use it when is cold!. Culprit number 1 for spontaneous infotainment reboots is SD NAV card if you have it remove it for a few days and see if system behaves like it suppose to be.. Clean SD card contacts with a pencil eraser. Check your firmware version, there's a TSB around about this very issue I'll post if I'm able to locate it. Go to another dealer or contact corporate.
Thanks! It did come with NAV. I will try to remove the SD card and see any difference. Will update later

Sorry to hear. Honestly I think they are just brushing you off. My advise is record with your phone when it happens so they don't think you're crazy. Also be more firm that it's a safety issue. What if you were backing up and the screen froze? Let them know you want the complain be documented on the service order so if you get into any accident, u have proof of faulty equipment. Next is contact corporate.
Agree. I think it is the ultimate way to ask corporate for root cause investigation.

According to this recent service alert this may be caused by a hardware failure, you could check if your serial number is in the listed range.

Attachments

• SA-054-21.pdf
    882.5 KB · Views: 309
I got a new 2021 CX-9 GT a few weeks ago, and noticed infotainment system restart at the beginning of the drive. (restart about 5-6 times before normal function). And it is pretty random, not every drive.
Asked dealer, and dealer said it would restart when it is cold. But sometimes, infotainment system works fine during morning drive, but has issue around noon. Does anyone know the root cause? Thanks for any suggestions!
I’ve been saying this many times before, system crash and reboot on the infotainment system is caused by the hardware, not the software. Hence the software “update” most Mazda dealers usually are trying to do is the waste of time. Think about it, the majority of Mazda infotainment systems with the older version software (and the same version like yours) are running fine without crash or reboot issue. The reason? Hardware can be unstable due to inferior quality of the components or poor connection on circuitry affected by vibration or temperature; but the software will never change. The only (and true) solution for such intermittent problem is to replace the unit.

I’ve been saying this many times before, system crash and reboot on the infotainment system is caused by the hardware, not the software. Hence the software “update” most Mazda dealers usually are trying to do is the waste of time. Think about it, the majority of Mazda infotainment systems with the older version software (and the same version like yours) are running fine without crash or reboot issue. The reason? Hardware can be unstable due to inferior quality of the components or poor connection on circuitry affected by vibration or temperature; but the software will never change. The only (and true) solution for such intermittent problem is to replace the unit.
I don't know...there are a few mentions in the Mazda Connect patch notes about system reboots

There is a tech bulletin on this issue, I took my 21 GT to the dealer and they did a software update, I haven't had any issues in close to a month.

Back