2020 Jan map available...

I've used my MacBook air for my last two updates with no issues (other then the comcast issue mentioned).

Is the Mazda Toolbox only compatible with Windows? I should update my Nav card since I bought a left over 2018 GT in Jan 2019.

We only have Macs and an old Win7 pc that was infected with malware. I installed Linux in a separate hdd partiton.

Thanks for the help! The link on page 1 was also helpful since I wasn't sure about the other sites hosting the download.

I noticed that my SD card was activated 10/12/2018. Perhaps because the car exceeded the mileage spec (had about 125 mi) and was automatically activated. One of the downsides of buying a left over model.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 11.21.21 AM.png

I don't understand that message of "you have one installable update" when it says your updates expire 10/12/2021.

I thought that we get 3 updates. And if we're limited to one per year, you should still have 2 updates left: the one for 2020 and the final one for 2021.

I bought my car one year ago and have yet to update it. I got country internet...not real fast and a cap on what little "high speed" I do have. I'll have to take my laptop to the library and use their wireless.

So why does his message say he has one installable update, and cite an expiry date of October 2021?
I interpret that to mean that there is one update that has not yet been made to his SD card. Not that he can only get one more update. My understanding is that the only limit on updating is the 36 month time limit.

DOH! 🤦‍♂️
Of course.

So it sounds like there's more to it than a completely fresh install of the complete set of map databases, and that there are program updates that are sequential. Or it's an update of parts of the map databases. So maybe I better stay on top of mine before I get an unwieldy backlog.

Anyone here have to do multiple updates at the same time?

The screenshot I posted was before I performed the update. However, if Mazda only releases updates in January, that would effectively limit me to one more update. I guess I’ll see.

The message says "...indicates that you are eligible for the MapCare Program OR you have one installable update".
MapCare is what you get with your new vehicle. In North America:

3-YEAR FREE MAP PERIOD
(MAPCARE™)
Mapcare provides free navigation map updates for the length of the Mapcare coverage.​

NAVIEXTRAS

Hey thank you for all the info. Maybe I should not update and not have any problems without the updates. jz

Back