2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

Even if they turn you away
Thank you for the response.

I'm not sure why they would turn me away. It's not working, it should be, and it's well within 3/36. 🙂

I have no plans to lubricate it myself or anything, because anything I do might be grounds for them to claim that I damaged it myself. Also, it doesn't feel like or seem like a friction thing. The mirror goes out all the way, and when in (it's not in all the way), it's "wobbly."

I have a 2021 Signature and the driver's side fails to fully shut quite frequently.

I like that the folded mirrors signal that the car is locked, and would prefer not to disable them in the winters (I have a garage, and de-ice the rare times it's outside in ice).

It failed to fully shut awhile ago but then started working again after a few days. Just recently it failed again. The 2021 does not seem to be covered by the TSBs, of course, but it's the same issue - it closes or opens part-way, etc.

Any guidance here?
TSB or not, don’t you have 3-year / 36K-mile new car warranty to cover this problem? Just take your 2021 CX-5 to a Mazda dealer and ask them to fix the problem under warranty.

TSB or not, don’t you have 3-year / 36K-mile new car warranty to cover this problem? Just take your 2021 CX-5 to a Mazda dealer and ask them to fix the problem under warranty.
Yes. I just wondered if there was a new TSB or something. As I said in the post above yours, it's still under the 3/36.

I'll do that eventually. I'd just prefer to be as prepared as possible. Thank you for the help.

Yes. I just wondered if there was a new TSB or something. As I said in the post above yours, it's still under the 3/36.

I'll do that eventually. I'd just prefer to be as prepared as possible. Thank you for the help.
Yeh you can play the waiting game if you can live with the problem. What I’d done was I accumulated 10 problems from actual ones, and suspected ones from recalls and TSBs, then gave them to the service advisor a week before the new car warranty expired. I was hoping the replacement liftgate struts from a recall should have been improved after the wait, but they still are weaker and lifting lower than my original struts.

Last edited:

The link Hawke provided is fairly new 21-11-2022 TSB 09-047/22

Back