2019 CX-5 Folding side mirror when locking; LS stopped fully folding. Tips?

Thanks. Missed that....again...
So Unobtainiam said,
  1. Switch the ignition ON.
  2. If the power window lock switch is in the unlock position, switch it to the lock position.
  3. Press and hold the front passenger's power window switch and rear left/right power window switches on the driver's door at the same time for 3 seconds or longer.
Odd how features are controlled.
Returning folding mirrors back into operation is the reverse of above?

:
2021 CX-5 GTR
One would think they could simply have a button next to the power mirror controls....
Or change the setting in the infotainment screen.

One would think they could simply have a button next to the power mirror controls....
Or change the setting in the infotainment screen.

Some models/markets have that switch where you can select 3 modes:
Unfolded, Auto or folded, it is convenient for manual control or for example keep them always unfolded.

1664570399247.png

:
2020 CX-5 GT AWD
I've seen on youtube these guys saying that they fixed the folding mirror problem with some WD-40. It made me curious so I tried it with some greaseless lubricant. It did not do the trick. Myth busted. 😀

acidbug

ZoomZoom CX-5
Contributor
:
‘19 CX-5 GTR
I noticed after purchasing my CX five GTR that the folding and unfolding was not exactly smooth. I sprayed WD-40 in the gaps between the mirror housing and the arm that holds the mirror housing. Just make sure to clean off any overspray and make sure to open and close mirrors repeatedly while spraying the WD-40. After doing the above, I found it smooth out the opening and closing of the mirrors And may cure the problem you are experiencing.

:
Mazda CX-5 GTR
I noticed after purchasing my CX five GTR that the folding and unfolding was not exactly smooth. I sprayed WD-40 in the gaps between the mirror housing and the arm that holds the mirror housing. Just make sure to clean off any overspray and make sure to open and close mirrors repeatedly while spraying the WD-40. After doing the above, I found it smooth out the opening and closing of the mirrors And may cure the problem you are experiencing.
I just had this issue occur with my driver side mirror on my '19 CX-5 GTR. Mirror would only fold about 1/3 of the way when locked. I gently nudged it while locking so it would close all the way, then hit it with some WD-40. So far, it's returned to full function. Not sure if or how long that will last, since WD-40 is not a persistent lubricant. I guess when it happens again, I'll just hit it with another shot of WD-40.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I just had this issue occur with my driver side mirror on my '19 CX-5 GTR. Mirror would only fold about 1/3 of the way when locked. I gently nudged it while locking so it would close all the way, then hit it with some WD-40. So far, it's returned to full function. Not sure if or how long that will last, since WD-40 is not a persistent lubricant. I guess when it happens again, I'll just hit it with another shot of WD-40.

I think the 19s were part of the TSB that was issued for the power mirrors. You can call your dealer to see if your car has the "updated" mirrors, and if not, maybe you can get them replaced to avoid the partial folding issue. If your car is out of warranty, you might be asked to foot the bill for the repair though.

:
Mazda CX-5 GTR
Yeah, of course, the warranty just expired on the vehicle. The timing of that was kind of impressive. When i get a chance, I'll see what the dealer says.