2019 CX-5 Differentials: Do they have drain plugs?

I'm coming up on 30,000 miles on our 2019 CX-5. Dealer says we need to have them do a brake fluid flush and replace fluid in both differentials. For a mere $750.00 before taxes. Ha. Most here say neither is required at all per Mazda. Is IT? Through the years many have suggested changing brake fluid about every 3 years on all kinds of cars, so I guess that is not a bad idea, but timing there ought to be flexible. Differential fluid changes I've done many time in older vehicles. Pull drain plug, drain, replace fluid. In later years many cars deleted the drain plugs and to change fluid the rear cover must be removed which entails a replacement gasket.
What does my CX-5 have?
Lastly, as we're now beyond our BtoB warranty, but within the drive train warranty, I want to be careful to satisfy warranty requirements. I know an independent certified mechanic is or ought to be recognized as fine for warranty work.
I have no intention of paying what the dealer wants to do simple work.
Thoughts? Warranty satisfaction?

neither oil in diffs/transfer case nor brake fluid are requirement at that mileage for maintenance and warranty.
With that said brake fluid may be good candidate dor change but it is not required.
Oil in diffs is good for at least 50k-60k miles may be even more. Used oil analysis at 55k shows that it is still ok.
The cx5 have drain plugs for all the fluids engine, teanny, diffs/transfer case and it is an easy change.

p.s the price that the dealer wanted is absurd :)

I'm coming up on 30,000 miles on our 2019 CX-5. Dealer says we need to have them do a brake fluid flush and replace fluid in both differentials. For a mere $750.00 before taxes. Ha. Most here say neither is required at all per Mazda. Is IT? Through the years many have suggested changing brake fluid about every 3 years on all kinds of cars, so I guess that is not a bad idea, but timing there ought to be flexible. Differential fluid changes I've done many time in older vehicles. Pull drain plug, drain, replace fluid. In later years many cars deleted the drain plugs and to change fluid the rear cover must be removed which entails a replacement gasket.
What does my CX-5 have?
Lastly, as we're now beyond our BtoB warranty, but within the drive train warranty, I want to be careful to satisfy warranty requirements. I know an independent certified mechanic is or ought to be recognized as fine for warranty work.

$750 for just the dif oil change and the swap of the brake fluid? Total BS!!!! Wow, that's some kind of robbery right there. Plus, the fact that this service is NOT required as of yet. What's the name of this dealer?

You stated that you've done dif oil changes in the past, why not do it yourself? For under $100 you can do this yourself.

Thanks guys.... erhayes: what do you mean by, "...a guide on levels, etc."?
My plan all along since we got this car NEW, was to stay with the dealer's $70 LOF, tire rotation and car wash until the 3-yr. BtoB Warranty had expired. Then, move to independent mechanic here. Three years have passed, so I'm moving in that direction now. Besides, my nearest dealer is 85 miles away and my mechanic here in closest town, (13 miles), is excellent. Conrad, the dealer I've been talking about is Foothills Mazda, Spokane, WA. Were I younger, yes, I'd do LOF myself. However, I'm now 79, have some back trouble, bi-focals, etc., etc. Also getting the low-slung Mazda up in the air enough is another thing. Not the same world for me any longer. Ha. Yet, for our 1999 Cherokee, I still do LOF's. I can slide under that on a big piece of cardboard, (creepers screw up my back), and do fine, without even lifting the rig - I just grumble while doing it.
I appreciate all you have told me. Confirms a lot of things I suspected, and I'm more comfortable now.

I"d find out what the correct oil level is. Many vehicles don't fill till it runs out of the fill hole.

Thanks guys.... erhayes: what do you mean by, "...a guide on levels, etc."?
My plan all along since we got this car NEW, was to stay with the dealer's $70 LOF, tire rotation and car wash until the 3-yr. BtoB Warranty had expired. Then, move to independent mechanic here. Three years have passed, so I'm moving in that direction now. Besides, my nearest dealer is 85 miles away and my mechanic here in closest town, (13 miles), is excellent.
Conrad, the dealer I've been talking about is Foothills Mazda, Spokane, WA. Were I younger, yes, I'd do LOF myself. However, I'm now 79, have some back trouble, bi-focals, etc., etc. Also getting the low-slung Mazda up in the air enough is another thing. Not the same world for me any longer. Ha. Yet, for our 1999 Cherokee, I still do LOF's. I can slide under that on a big piece of cardboard, (creepers screw up my back), and do fine, without even lifting the rig - I just grumble while doing it.
I appreciate all you have told me. Confirms a lot of things I suspected, and I'm more comfortable now.

Understandable, with your back and all.

I'm in my mid 60's and wear trifocals. dunno what that has to do with it but hey.

I made stepped ramps out of left-over deck lumber. I drive the CX up onto the ramps, adding 3" of clearance, for oil changes, I place one piece of 2x10 under the rear wheels to make it more even.

That additional 3" is just enough to make it easy to slide under, using cardboard, and do what needs to be done. I personally enjoy working on my vehicles myself, it's meditative (when all goes as planned) and I know that the work is done right the first time.

Oil in diffs is good for at least 50k-60k miles may be even more. Used oil analysis at 55k shows that it is still ok.

Just curious, did you do a UOA of your diff oil or is that something you read on here? Would like to the see a pic of the report.

Smart fellow.
El Paso upon this - 'cuz it's 1 of the oldest scams they run.
This stealer simply wants to empty the wallet of every fool who wanders-in.
..... coming up on 30k on our 2019 CX-5. Dealer says we need to have them do a brake fluid flush & replace fluid in both differentials. For a mere $750 before taxes. Ha. Most here say neither is required at all per Mazda. Is IT?

Back