2016 Seat Heaters

Mine on a week old car are just awful. I have a 2011 Mini Cooper that make these feel like a joke.

After a good month's use or so up here in Maine, they are plenty adequate. Even my girlfriend agrees, and she keeps her side of the CX5 on 75+F, and usually keeps the seats on setting 2.

I'm not sure why so many folks want a sweaty ass.

As Dwight Schrute once said, "I'm sorry, isn't that good enough for your anus? Don't get me started on how coddled the modern anus is..."

Last edited:
Mine work well - not as strong as our Odyssey, but I'm not disappointed. They almost make the seat "feel" more cushioned. Although I wish that I didn't need them all the time, I apparently have a high hamstring injury that isn't healing and heat is the only thing that provides me some comfort.

banjos...the Dwight Schrute quote is fantastic - thanks for the laugh.

My 2016 I can barely keep it at the highest level. Few days back it was relatively cold and then also could not keep it at the highest setting. Even my wife complained about too much heat. Thus, I find it very adequate. YMMV.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. Within 2 minutes from startup my buns were nice and toasty on the highest setting. Middle setting seemed to be fine too. Heat is definitely concentrated towards the back of the bottom cushion and lower seat back.

Not quite as hot as the seat heaters in a CR-V, but I think they'll be fine.

Used mine on a 37 degree morning and the seats warmed up very quickly (maybe 2 minutes). After 3 minutes I turned them to the middle position and in about 5 minutes I turned them off. Very satisfied here.

Mine also get very toasty. When it's cold I just prefer to have the chill taken out of the leather, not looking for therapy. Having said this, these seats get very warm quickly and I'll turn it down to two then one then off as they are plenty warm then. They perform pretty much the same as my Nissan Frontier.

Mine also get very toasty. When it's cold I just prefer to have the chill taken out of the leather, not looking for therapy. Having said this, these seats get very warm quickly and I'll turn it down to two then one then off as they are plenty warm then. They perform pretty much the same as my Nissan Frontier.
... and how I wish Mazda gave steering wheel heated option!!

... and how I wish Mazda gave steering wheel heated option!!

A pair of winter driving gloves does wonders for cold hands. You can store them in that compartment, what's it called? Oh yes! The glove box!

A pair of winter driving gloves does wonders for cold hands. You can store them in that compartment, what's it called? Oh yes! The glove box!

LOL..... what do you think I do?

On similar lines, why not wear thermals and a good pant prior to putting ourselves on the seat? That way seat warmers are ALSO not required.............

The seat heaters are useless until you put your body weight on them and start driving.
The seats don't heat at all when starting the car with remote start and idle for 20 minutes on a cold day.
Also, the heat doesn't blow at all until it is driven for a couple minutes either.

Does anyone else agree?

The seat heaters are useless until you put your body weight on them and start driving.
The seats don't heat at all when starting the car with remote start and idle for 20 minutes on a cold day.
Also, the heat doesn't blow at all until it is driven for a couple minutes either.

Does anyone else agree?
The climate system does wait for the engine to get warm enough to actually heat the air before the blowers kick in. It's really a nice feature.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back