2016 CX-9 Leaking CV-Joint

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
My 2016 CX-9 has 105,000 miles and I have noticed grease on the drivers side CV-Axle boot. Has anyone had this issue on their CX-9's? Taking it into the mechanic next week.

It happens. Normal wear with that mileage. You need a new CV axle. Once boot is torn and leaking, it's done
Not necessary. I’ve been DIY replacing broken boots with OEM boot repair kit many times on variety of vehicles I’ve owned. None of the CV joint itself is done with broken boot. Of course most shops would want to replace the entire CV axle with aftermarket rebuild which is much easier to do and makes more money on parts as CV axle is much more expensive than the boot repair kit.

^^ Second to this. Unless you do the work yourself, you won't be able to find any shop would do the boot replacing. Aftermarket half axles are pretty cheap, but remember, you get what you pay for. Some aftermarket parts are good and last quite long, but insist on OEM on this one.

^^ Second to this. Unless you do the work yourself, you won't be able to find any shop would do the boot replacing. Aftermarket half axles are pretty cheap, but remember, you get what you pay for. Some aftermarket parts are good and last quite long, but insist on OEM on this one.
Yes, and that’s why I’d rather keep my original CV joint and half shaft, re-pack it with the grease comes with the OEM boot repair kit, and use my own labor for the job.

A replacement CV joint probably has more miles than your OEM. If you just noticed the tear your old one might be better, except for the boot.

Back