2012 mazda5 door locks don't work , please help

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
We are original owners of our 5 year old mazda5

2012 mazda5
66k miles

The passenger front door does not lock or unlock using the inside master lock switch. I cannot control the lock from passenger side or driver side. Only if I manually press the lock by my hand will it open or close

Additionally even with remote from outside, front passenger door doesn't lock or unlock

Never had such an issue with a Japanese car that was so reletively new

Any ideas or help before getting raped by dealer ?

Probably the door lock actuator located inside of the door. If not that, then maybe the wiring going to it.

If you're not comfortable taking the door apart (removing interior panel, vapor barrier, etc), then I guess going to the dealer or, my recommendation, an independent shop with good reviews that specializes in Mazda's or at least Japanese cars.

I have no luck in finding a part number and cost. Someone else with better resources may help you.

Thanks!

I know two independent
I didn't know if they did these things

Thought mechanical only

Appreciate it
If you're not comfortable taking the door apart (removing interior panel, vapor barrier, etc), then I guess going to the dealer or, my recommendation, an independent shop with good reviews that specializes in Mazda's or at least Japanese cars.

I have no luck in finding a part number and cost. Someone else with better resources may help you.

Check this link out: http://www.mazdastuff.com/MS-2012-5-Touring-Lock-Hardware-p/cg36-58-310a-338997.htm
Looks like list price is $149.23
Based on the diagrams it doesn't look as though the lock actuator is part of the door lock assembly, and not an individual replaceable part. (Miss the old days of the push/pull rod and separate actuator....I remember converting my manual locks to power in my '92 MX-5)

It seems odd to me the actuator would go out. If "any" of the actuators would fail I would expect the driver's door to fail first due to the overall usage of it over the others (priority lock/unlock). If you are comfortable taking the door panel off I'd check for loose connections. If everything in the door checks out, it could "possibly" be a broken wire in the loom where the door opens and closes, but I would expect a situation such as that to blow a fuse or show other signs of an electrical problem other than the lock just stop working.

Thank you very helpful

Check this link out: http://www.mazdastuff.com/MS-2012-5-Touring-Lock-Hardware-p/cg36-58-310a-338997.htm
Looks like list price is $149.23
Based on the diagrams it doesn't look as though the lock actuator is part of the door lock assembly, and not an individual replaceable part. (Miss the old days of the push/pull rod and separate actuator....I remember converting my manual locks to power in my '92 MX-5)

It seems odd to me the actuator would go out. If "any" of the actuators would fail I would expect the driver's door to fail first due to the overall usage of it over the others (priority lock/unlock). If you are comfortable taking the door panel off I'd check for loose connections. If everything in the door checks out, it could "possibly" be a broken wire in the loom where the door opens and closes, but I would expect a situation such as that to blow a fuse or show other signs of an electrical problem other than the lock just stop working.

Do you have a how to?

Mine is front passenger door

Not sliding

Was yours doing same symptom as mine ?

I am not sure if it's actuator or electrical

i replaced both sliding door actuators this past weekend. It took me about 40 minutes following the great write up on here.

Do you have a how to?

Mine is front passenger door

Not sliding

Was yours doing same symptom as mine ?

I am not sure if it's actuator or electrical

a10thunder wrote a how to but its for the older 2006 model.

stick ur head right up to the lock do u hear anything happening when u try and unlock the doors from the door or from the key fob? if u dont hear the motor running in the actuator then its probably the actuator that is shot.

I don't hear anything at all
a10thunder wrote a how to but its for the older 2006 model.

stick ur head right up to the lock do u hear anything happening when u try and unlock the doors from the door or from the key fob? if u dont hear the motor running in the actuator then its probably the actuator that is shot.

Could very well be the motor in the actuator which is about a $2.00 fix u will have to take out the old actuator crack the case and remove the motor u can find replacement on ebay for cheap.

U will have to super glue or use a drill to screw the actuator back together after swapping the motor

not sure if this is the exact one u need but it looks like this

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thank you

Been unlocking and locking to hear the noise

Well yesterday all doors locked

Unlock with remote

And passenger front door opened up

It wouldn't repeat it again.
Could very well be the motor in the actuator which is about a $2.00 fix u will have to take out the old actuator crack the case and remove the motor u can find replacement on ebay for cheap.

U will have to super glue or use a drill to screw the actuator back together after swapping the motor

not sure if this is the exact one u need but it looks like this

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Back