2009 Mazda6 GT - air conditioning is dead

:
2014 Mazda5 GT - 6 MT - White
Hello all,

First time here. I usually post on the Mazda5 forum. I hope this is the correct place to post this problem.

We have a 2009 Mazda6 GT with 117,000 kms (72,700 miles), 4 cylinder engine, manual 6 speed transmission, my wife is the primary driver. The air conditioning just died. It is the first problem that we have with this car since new.

Everything works fine with the system (the dial to select temp works, the dial to select fan speed works, the fan itslef blows air, the digital display works, etc.), but it does not blow cold air. I have no idea how to troubleshoot beyond this. I am assuming it is leaking. Do I look for leaks? Or do I go straight to the dealer? I don't know what to do here. Is this a common problem?

This problem is annoying me quite a bit, I always say that this car has performed flawlessly. I guess I can stop saying that now.

It also would be great if anyone could recommend a good mechanic in the GTA (greater Toronto area in Canada) that specializes in Mazdas.

Follow up: the A/C problem seems to be resolved.

My wife took the car to the dealer, it cost approx $140 Canadian (including our 13% tax). They said that no leak could be found, they refilled the system, and asked her to keep an eye on it. Hopefully it keeps working for another 6 years without any further cost. I find this dealer to be reasonable, Avante Mazda.

No one else posted here any comments? I guess this was the only Mazda6 with an AC problem. (cabpatch)

Latest posts

Back