2008.5 MAZDASPEED3 - Now in CRYSTAL WHITE and METROPOLITAN GRAY

Iceman, I talked with Ralph (General Sales Manager at Autocenter Mazda) about a month ago. I used to work at Autocenter BMW next door and my bro is now the GSM at BMW so he introduced me to Ralph. I'm not sure if things have changed since I stopped in there but Ralph did see the new colors in the system but there was no pricing and they could not be ordered. He was going to get back to me once there was more info. I'll probably give him a call in a month or so as I'm in no rush at this point.

tell Ralph to do a locate for the new color MS3's. he will plainly see where just about every mazdaspeed dealer has already ordered them. price is not available yet still. (i work for a dealer fyi) you could order the cars when the update came out in november.

SO the dilemma becomes, 2008.5 which I won't get till mid-april or May or wait to see the possible redesign of the 09 Mz3.... uumm.. tough choice!

they need to go to the spec deck under the sales new category on the MXconnect mazda dealers site. you cant miss it. i don't know if you can order them anymore though.

does that mean that if i wait till late spring early summer i wont be able to get one?

does that mean that if i wait till late spring early summer i wont be able to get one?

i wouldn't wait if i were you. you won't be able to order one from the factory. you will have to find one on a lot somewhere. they might be able to locate you one, but dealers are not willing to give them up for dealer trades. well atleast not the dealers i trade with.

So I think most would agree the 08.5's improvements, while subtle, definitely put it a notch above the previous versions.

That said, the competition is about to get a lot more fierce. I've got my eye on the new Lancer Raliart and, assuming it lives up to the hype, the MS3 might finally have a worthy challenger to the crown. Cuz right now... you've got a neutered WRX, a hideous SRT-4 and an underpowered (and unreliable) GTI...amongst others. None of them hold a candle to the MS3... but the new Mitsu appears to have what it takes. Should be interesting...

I was at a Mazda dealer in Belgium this weekend and saw a Mazda 2 in Metro Gray Mica so I took some picts. Thought someone might be interested in a different shot other then the RX-8. These were in clear skies but late in the afternoon. It definitely changes color depending on the angle and lighting. Looks nice.

Attachments

• mgm.jpg
    mgm.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 349
  • mgm1.jpg
    mgm1.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 324
  • mgm2.jpg
    mgm2.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 221
As pricing been released for the 2008.5 s line yet? The power seat was suppose to add to the price, but no one seems to know exactly how much.

I've read through this post and others and haven't found what I'm looking for so...

For all of you working at dealers or those of you with your orders completed... is there a place I can tell my dealer to look to find information about the 2008.5 Speed3's?
They cannot even find where to order them... and I would like to do so very soon.

Thank you. Any help would be great.

anyone know a date when the 08.5 will be available

Anyone have this info? I'm selling my MR2 next month and I was gonna go pick up a red or silver MS3 soon after that I think and I just heard that white is coming out (on a subraru forum of all places) and I'll wait it out to get a white MS3!

white > all other colors for the MS3

I've read through this post and others and haven't found what I'm looking for so...

For all of you working at dealers or those of you with your orders completed... is there a place I can tell my dealer to look to find information about the 2008.5 Speed3's?
They cannot even find where to order them... and I would like to do so very soon.

Thank you. Any help would be great.

they need to log into the mazda dealer site. go to the sales new tab at the top. once that page has loaded there is spec deck on the left toward the bottom. click on that and all the info will be up. and they order them just like they order any other mazda on there lot. i don't know if you can special order them anymore though. they could locate you one, if another dealer is willing to give a speed3 up. if they still don't have a clue, go somewhere else.

they need to log into the mazda dealer site. go to the sales new tab at the top. once that page has loaded there is spec deck on the left toward the bottom. click on that and all the info will be up. and they order them just like they order any other mazda on there lot. i don't know if you can special order them anymore though. they could locate you one, if another dealer is willing to give a speed3 up. if they still don't have a clue, go somewhere else.

Thank you. I will tell them exactly that.

pricing updated today for 2008.5

i Sport MT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION $ 1 3,022 $ 13,895
i Sport AT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 3,861 14,795
i Touring Value MT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 5,539 16,595
i Touring Value AT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 6,379 17,495
s Sport MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 6,322 17,435
s Sport AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 7,209 18,385
s Touring MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 7,246 18,425
s Touring AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 8,132 19,375
s Grand Touring MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 8,896 20,195
s Grand Touring AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 9,782 21,145

the first number is invoice, second is msrp. those are base prices before any options are added.

Last edited:
pricing for speed3 hasnt really changed. pearl paint charge for white ones and the navi and sat radio package is 1950. and speak of the devil, our delivery truck just got here and our 40th anniversary rx-8 is here and the metro gray is nice. almost has a hint of blue in it, but that may be the overcast sky.

Sport 2.3L DISI TURBO ENGINE WITH 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION $ 20,898 $ 22,340
Grand Touring 2.3L DISI TURBO ENGINE WITH 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 2 2,497 24,055

pricing updated today for 2008.5

i Sport MT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION $ 1 3,022 $ 13,895
i Sport AT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 3,861 14,795
i Touring Value MT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 5,539 16,595
i Touring Value AT 2.0L 4-DOOR WITH 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 6,379 17,495
s Sport MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 6,322 17,435
s Sport AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 7,209 18,385
s Touring MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 7,246 18,425
s Touring AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 8,132 19,375
s Grand Touring MT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 1 8,896 20,195
s Grand Touring AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1 9,782 21,145

You are the greatest! I can't thank you enough for this enough. How do I figure invoice price? Hehehehe

Wait a sec, that's the price listed as MSRP for the s Grand Touring AT 2.3L 4-DOOR WITH 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. 21,480 is on website, guess the power seats didn't raise the price afterall?

Back