Guide 2002 protege5 error code P0171 and P1569

So I've had my Pr5 for a few years now and it hasn't given me too much trouble at all, especially for it's mileage. I got these codes today. 0171 is the MAF sensor that I replaced, from autozone, which I feel may have been a mistake. I don't have the tools to turn off the engine light, to see if it gets thrown again. Has anyone dealt with this similar situation? Especially with the vtcs circuit low input?

I say just throw one of these at it...

$10-$20.

The solenoids are old and bound to fail.

You should buy two of them and keep the second one in the glove box for when the VICS solenoid fails. Lol

I believe that was replaced at the same time as my cat a year and a half ago. Any idea pcb?

I say just throw one of these at it...

$10-$20.

The solenoids are old and bound to fail.

You should buy two of them and keep the second one in the glove box for when the VICS solenoid fails. Lol
Where in the engine is this part?

It's either the valve or a bad connection, broken wire, or shorted wire.
(or a bad ECU but that's not likely.)

OEM, but the valve will cost around $100.

I go cheap.
My car is rusty and dying.

I found this on Online Mazda Parts...

If you have a car that isn't rotten, you may want the OEM part.

I haven't done OEM since just after I bought my car, and bought new rear hatch door shocks for $100 each.

The only OEM parts I might buy now are ignition coils or maybe an alternator.

RockAuto has worked well for me, but there is confusion about these valves.

There is a $65 version available from Rockauto.
It looks better built but I'm not spending the money.

PS... This thing is just an air filter that can be removed and plugged onto the other side, depending on it's application.

PS... This thing is just an air filter that can be removed and plugged onto the other side, depending on it's application.

I believe this is a fuel pressure solenoid which should be different than the vics solenoid, which is why you see a difference in price.

The different solenoid valves all test the same but the electrical connector appears to have a different orientation.
The electrical connector may be different as well.

I remember someone recently that was going through all kinds of solenoid valves, but he was turbo charged.

Back