2002 Protege Radiator Replacement?

I need to replace radiator on GF's 02 Protege. I see a number of different choices, although photos of radiators all look the same.
This is a DX with automatic trans & AC, does this model call for a specific radiator, or do all 02 Proteges use the same configuration?
I know I should replace hoses at the same time, are there other parts I need to order or replace? Clamps, bushings, radiator cap, water pump, etc?
Also, on an 02' how many of the existing parts can generally be reused when replacing radiator?
If you've got time to answer, treat me like a first - year auto-shop student. I can do this but, might be ignorant of lot of common - sense stuff.
Thanks!

I need to replace radiator on GF's 02 Protege. I see a number of different choices, although photos of radiators all look the same.
This is a DX with automatic trans & AC, does this model call for a specific radiator, or do all 02 Proteges use the same configuration?
I know I should replace hoses at the same time, are there other parts I need to order or replace? Clamps, bushings, radiator cap, water pump, etc?
Also, on an 02' how many of the existing parts can generally be reused when replacing radiator?
If you've got time to answer, treat me like a first - year auto-shop student. I can do this but, might be ignorant of lot of common - sense stuff.
Thanks!
You've probably already completed your project, but I just posted about replacing my upper radiator hose in the Protege5 thread next door. One possible way to check if radiators are different for different models is to visit Rock Auto and just see if they have different part numbers.

I reused my original spring-type hose clamps because they were still stiff and I'm far from the rust belt.

You've probably already completed your project, but I just posted about replacing my upper radiator hose in the Protege5 thread next door. One possible way to check if radiators are different for different models is to visit Rock Auto and just see if they have different part numbers.

I reused my original spring-type hose clamps because they were still stiff and I'm far from the rust belt.
Thanks! Yeah I did it. It probably wasn't the neatest job but, no leaks! Unfortunately after I got started I could see the AC radiator needs to be replaced as well. She needed the car on the road so that'll have to be for another day. At least I've got the basics down now.

I received my Denso radiator two days ago and plan to put it in tomorrow. Amazon has the Denso 221-3506 for about $100 right now. Their site says it doesn't fit my Protege5, but eBay and other sites say that it does.

Back