What have you done to your MSP today?

^^^^ LOL.

I know I don't have an MSP but I slapped some paint on the block today. The bottom end is blueprinted and ready for assembly.

^^^^ LOL.

I know I don't have an MSP but I slapped some paint on the block today. The bottom end is blueprinted and ready for assembly.

I like that this is the MSP section, but really it's the "non-noobie turbo protege" section.

Tonight I have to trim 1 piece of coldpipe (substantial readjustments to coldpipe and intake) and burp my radiator.. and I am running again. The MSP's front tires haven't touched the ground in 6 days.. Its been a long, hot week in the Terdcel with no AC.

Its especially retarded that I keep working on the MSP, for week(s) at a time, when the primary reason for buying this car was to have working AC.

I am gonna look for places with cool lighting tonight (I know of a stripclub that would be awesome) and take a bunch of pics. If for some reason that doesn't work out, its happening this weekend. The engine bay looks 300% better than when I bought this car only 2 months ago.

Last edited:
*Pours beer on the ground* "to 2566"

I drove 1345 to cars and coffee yesterday and will likely take it to the meet tonight that has been getting larger every week (and gaining police attention unfortunately). 1574 may finally stop spitting couplers and pipes off, replaced a couple of the pipes on the turbo and drove it last night without issue. The car is fast but it still hits fuel cut when it spikes to 12-14psi, should run great with a stock wastegate and boost controller setup on about 10psi.

Last edited:
.......... a moment of silence for 2566 ................

Ok.. moving on. lol

Chris, thanks for the cowl plugs.. IDK why the wiper ones don't fit.. but they aren't held in there by anything. They're just flopping around. lol maybe these are different wiper arms or something.

hornesfan.. I still don't think I've seen your bay? What do you got going on under there?

I do have a link in my sig to my mod list, hasn't been updated in a while though. Basically have an ebay front mount kit with an HKS, solid mounts, weapon r coolant tank, SRI, mishi rad, mini wire tuck. Nothing crazy

Damn, after seeing it I really need to update it. Engine bay pic is about 3 years old lol.

Other MSP is just a stock MSP with the same Ebay fmic but not quite as nice looking, knockoff ebay HKS, SRI. Everything else is pretty much stock.

Last edited:
I do have a link in my sig to my mod list, hasn't been updated in a while though. Basically have an ebay front mount kit with an HKS, solid mounts, weapon r coolant tank, SRI, mishi rad, mini wire tuck. Nothing crazy

Damn, after seeing it I really need to update it. Engine bay pic is about 3 years old lol.

Other MSP is just a stock MSP with the same Ebay fmic but not quite as nice looking, knockoff ebay HKS, SRI. Everything else is pretty much stock.

I don't see how you're getting 12-14 PSI spikes and settling in at 10psi with the listed mods.. Sandbagger! hahhaha

Was wondering.... we install a one way valve on the brake booster for whatever reason... but why not the rest of the vac sources? Seems to me none of that stuff is meant to see positive pressure. I keep getting rabdom cells that come and go. I heard the purge sylonoid clicking against the firewall at idle when car was hot that makes me wonder. I shouldn't have to continually reset the msp ecu to have the car run right.

Hey guys! My name's Brian and I've used this site for years for information etc. but only recently became an official member mostly due to the fact that the protg community is dwindling and only hardcore enthusiasts seem to remain so I decided to come on aboard. I was the original owner of blue mp3 #14 (I think, I'm gonna check that). I bought it in Oct '00, dove it off the lot and loved it until its death in '12 from a careless red light blower. I had a lot of parts from that car so I started looking right away and pretty quickly found an '03 black msp in decent shape so I drove down to FL. with a friend and drove it back home the next day. It was pretty much badly cared for and had a bunch of ebay stuff junking it all up but of course I knew the potential... So around that same time I happened to be checking on ebay and found a listing for a blue mp3 that had a blown motor and a couple other problems but the bid was super low at the time so for laughs and giggles I went ahead and put a bid in and walked away. Well 6 days later I had a message from ebay, I had won the car for just under 1600$. Now I had two BJ sedans to play with! The wrecked mp3 was dismantled and all the good parts found their way on to one of these two and in the last few years I have been doing lots of work to them both. My girlfriend is a bit jealous of all the time I spend with them (and $) lol. Thanks to all the members here who have sold me parts I really appreciate it they have gone to good use. I'll get some pics when I can I don't really have many at this time. These pics are from today of the mp3 bay and from the interior. In that pic is the back of the msp in the background (and my lady). The last two pics are of the original mp3 before from fall of '09 and then '12 after the wreck. I would have gotten some more but it started pouring rain so that's all I could get for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    784.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    761.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 111
  • side 1.jpg
    side 1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 91
Hey guys! My name's Brian and I've used this site for years for information etc. but only recently became an official member mostly due to the fact that the protg community is dwindling and only hardcore enthusiasts seem to remain so I decided to come on aboard. I was the original owner of blue mp3 #14 (I think, I'm gonna check that). I bought it in Oct '00, dove it off the lot and loved it until its death in '12 from a careless red light blower. I had a lot of parts from that car so I started looking right away and pretty quickly found an '03 black msp in decent shape so I drove down to FL. with a friend and drove it back home the next day. It was pretty much badly cared for and had a bunch of ebay stuff junking it all up but of course I knew the potential... So around that same time I happened to be checking on ebay and found a listing for a blue mp3 that had a blown motor and a couple other problems but the bid was super low at the time so for laughs and giggles I went ahead and put a bid in and walked away. Well 6 days later I had a message from ebay, I had won the car for just under 1600$. Now I had two BJ sedans to play with! The wrecked mp3 was dismantled and all the good parts found their way on to one of these two and in the last few years I have been doing lots of work to them both. My girlfriend is a bit jealous of all the time I spend with them (and $) lol. Thanks to all the members here who have sold me parts I really appreciate it they have gone to good use. I'll get some pics when I can I don't really have many at this time. These pics are from today of the mp3 bay and from the interior. In that pic is the back of the msp in the background (and my lady). The last two pics are of the original mp3 before from fall of '09 and then '12 after the wreck. I would have gotten some more but it started pouring rain so that's all I could get for now.

If you want your pictures to be displayed, use photobucket or (anyone else use anything else?) Not to be too critical.. but I know I am not gonna spend the time to click links to individual pics.. maybe if you have a link to a part on ebay or wherever..

Use the IMG link.. I highlighted it in this screenshot.

Just saying..

Nice to have another MSP around though!!!!

(I also have a pic of me uploading this pic showing how to upload and post pics... my mind is blown. lol)

Last edited:
My bad not trying to overwork your clicking finger here I'll do that though haha thanks for the info.

Back