What have you done to your MSP today?

Theres a guy i know who had the Thermal exhaust. And he still had his stock cats and he dynoed at 169hp, forgot the tqs. So yea i guess the cats do restrict somewhat. Looking forward to ur new numbers.

Back in the day I dynoed 177hp & 189tq with 8psi & a custom 2 1/2" exhaust with 1 stock cat. It was about 98 degrees that day.

today ive sat and wondered what I wanna get for my car. I havent had a payment in 2 months and the extra money is burning a hole. Id love a turbolife fmic but no mas *sigh*

perhaps the gtspec trunk cage, but I still have the stock sub box and i wouldnt be able to get the complete cage. do the trunk pieces make much of a difference to the feel of the car?

^^Get the tubrolife fmic zack. Its a great upgrade for our cars. Worth every penny. Keep looking around ull find someone selling one. Or pm turbolife.

^^Get the tubrolife fmic zack. Its a great upgrade for our cars. Worth every penny. Keep looking around ull find someone selling one. Or pm turbolife.

any fmic is a worth while upgrade... stock interheater ftl. that thing is useless. i've got what most on here would call a tiny core, and it was a noticeable improvement for me, even as a first power adder (aside from a cone filter).. upping it to all 2.5" pipes probably helped too...

Hey fellas quick question, I found this at the Corksport website and i was wondering if any of you have this installed and if you can share pictures. I have all GTspec stuff installed on my MSP but this seems to be a new item definitely i wanted it i cant picture in my head where does this thing connects to the already GTSpec full trunk cage and Strut tower brace.. for some reason this seems to be an old item with just wrong picture but who knows any inputs people ??

GT SPEC Protege/MAZDASPEED Trunk ReinForcement Bar, Sedan

GTSpec%20Trunk.jpg

http://www.corksport.com/gt-spec-protege-mazdaspeed-trunk-reinforcement-bar-sdn.html

Last edited:
today ive sat and wondered what I wanna get for my car. I havent had a payment in 2 months and the extra money is burning a hole. Id love a turbolife fmic but no mas *sigh*

perhaps the gtspec trunk cage, but I still have the stock sub box and i wouldnt be able to get the complete cage. do the trunk pieces make much of a difference to the feel of the car?

Altezzas. lol, jk

Hey fellas quick question, I found this at the Corksport website and i was wondering if any of you have this installed and if you can share pictures. I have all GTspec stuff installed on my MSP but this seems to be a new item definitely i wanted it i cant picture in my head where does this thing connects to the already GTSpec full trunk cage and Strut tower brace.. for some reason this seems to be an old item with just wrong picture but who knows any inputs people ??

GT SPEC Protege/MAZDASPEED Trunk ReinForcement Bar, Sedan

GTSpec%20Trunk.jpg

http://www.corksport.com/gt-spec-protege-mazdaspeed-trunk-reinforcement-bar-sdn.html

that looks like a lower ladder bar... and obviously not one for a protege....

anyone run zmax in the msp? i usually am wary of products like that but im wondering if anyone used it and what their thoughts were

I'm pretty sure that the MSP comes stock with an oil cooler. It is between your block and oil filter. Here's a pic for you of KrayzieFox's P5 with the stock MSP oil cooler. it's the second picture.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x33/Krayzie_Fox/?albumview=slideshow

As far as the tranny cooler goes, a Hayden cooler off ebay does the trick. Us auto guys use it to keep the transmission temps down since our transmissions go before the engine when boosted. It's real simple too.

Whos running Engine oil cooler on an MSP ? any pictures and info about it ? also Tranny oil cooler. Thank you..

i've only used it in my gas tank. but you can also put a small amount in with the oil. all the stuff i've read says you should do it about 100-200 miles before you change your oil. so, yeah, you shouldn't leave it in for too long...

well, I installed the oil catch can, WR coolant can, Milena PVC valve, polished the heatshield, and wash/waxed/clay bared/then touch up wax with turtle wax ice detailer, and washed/cleaned the wheels over the last couple days, car is as smooth as ice... or a babies bottom if you like that one more.. here is a pic below, of the engine bay so far, gotta get a pic of the car once it gets sunny out so it shines.

but question, I am thinking about getting an HKS recirculating attachment, but not sure as to how it hooks up, I have the duel BOV/BPV setup and it doesn't stall but the check engine light comes on for a split second after shifting from boost here and there.. and I am guessing that is what it is from.. should I just leave it as is unless I have stalling issues? also how does that recirculation fitting attach, looks welded almost in the pic on PG, or can it screw/clip in somehow?.. if it welds than I don't want it, but just want to check before I buy it.. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    927.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    895.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back