What have you done to your MSP today?

So, my fellow MSP'rs, i pass onto thee a question which i needeth thine opinion. An opinion which i shall take with ye old grain of salteth, but i place much value into. I want only those of you, whom love your cars to answer.

I have the opportunity to get my car painted professionally semi-flat black for very cheap. This will include doors and jambs and trunk etc. all but the engine. but if i ever to a rebuild ill get it done. I want to know what you guys thing. Im not a super import tuner so im not doing it for the scene. I happen to like the color. Plus if i get chips i can just touch it up quick.

Right now, my blazing yellow looks like its been through the smallest recorded meteor shower in history. It really bothers me cause i put so much love into the car and i hate seeing her like that. So im kinda considering doing this. It will be professionally sprayed. Its not completely flat, you can wash it still just no wax. Which is also a plus for me as i hate waxing it lol.

So what do you guys think? I dont want to do a disservice to MSP'rs by changing the color, but if done right... its pudry like. and i dont know if anyones done it yet to a msp.

heres a pic of the color i want.

that s*** looks sick, do it

well, got a replacement Stock radiator cap and put it on this morning...after looking at the old cap, you can clearly see what the problem was and why I was getting overflow issues from the resevior.

Attachments

• IMG00072.jpg
    IMG00072.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 115
Also, a friendly PSA!

If you've never checked or tightened your valve cover bolts, I highly suggest you do so. I had some leakage problems from it and figured it was a bad gasket. But I checked the bolts and the front bolts were so loose that they we practically free spinning.

Tightened them up and all better :)

well i installed some 440's..got them semi dialed in on the split second....turned the boost up had it hitting 15psi...ran pretty good on the way home i developed a slight knock :( lol my luck...good news is my new engine should be done in a few weeks so not to bad...been some hard miles on that engine

Tony, do it. Black is better.

Today I swapped from the proto manifold to the production manifold, installed medieval side motor mount and tranny mount, battled with the rear motor mount for awhile and then said screw that thing, (left the AWR in there), and swapped pressure sensors so I can finally use my SW oil pres gauge (autometer sender does not work on SW gauges fyi :)).

Tomorrow I will take the EGR valve back off and make a thicker gasket for it (damn powdercoaters didn't mask the face on the flange, thus it is slightly leaking), and hopefully get around to FINALLY installing my delsing rear bar brackets that have been sitting here for years. Trying to get the car ready for a trip to phoenix for a upcoming suns game.

Oh and I forgot to mention... my passenger side mount was so blown out that there was literally just a thread of rubber holding it together. The tranny mount was torn, not as badly as the side mount, but both of them were long past cached.

Vibe levels somehow seemed to go down a little bit too, I was expecting the opposite, definitely a pleasant surprise.

installed a hks type 1 turbo timer haha that was fun, it still trips me out when i shut it off and it still runs haha

I am now driving with a doughnut on the back until they can get my damn tires ordered.
Luckily, I won't have to pay for the new tires, just the mounting, since they were covered by the road hazard when I bought them.
Our spare really SUCKS!

well i installed some 440's..got them semi dialed in on the split second....turned the boost up had it hitting 15psi...ran pretty good on the way home i developed a slight knock :( lol my luck...good news is my new engine should be done in a few weeks so not to bad...been some hard miles on that engine

Whoa.. were you forged?

Back