What have you done to your MSP today?

Let it run for about 30mins and took off the front wind splitter. Time to piece the splitter back together.

Yeah mine was cracked when I bought the car (it was used) so I just took it off from the get-go. I thought about doing the Home Depot DIY lip. Don't know if that'd look right on an MSP though.

So I today I put the high mileage Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and Mobil 1 filter in. Pretty standard but still something was done to her.

002-3.jpg

Replace my rear sway bar bushings (easy), replaced my front sway bar links (easy), replaced the driver side sway bar bushing (what'da hell was Mazda thinking when they designed that system???? Couldn't they make smaller bolts in more unconfortable positions????). Couldn't replace the passenger side bushing (although it was is still fine, so no big deal), there's no room to make any kind of attempt there....

Car broke down on the freeway coming back from the beach. Some kind of grinding goin on. Sounded like I had giant rocks in either my tranny or my engine itself. Not too happy right now.

Car broke down on the freeway coming back from the beach. Some kind of grinding goin on. Sounded like I had giant rocks in either my tranny or my engine itself. Not too happy right now.

sounds like the diff went....at least that is what mine sounded like!

anyways, what did i do to my msp today: looked at it sadly cause its still broken and not sure when it will run again :(

YEAH, Sounds like your diff. Time to get welding!

I know one guy did weld his broken diff. I however do not know how well it held up afterwards but I want to say it did not work.
I wasn't about to take that chance when mine broke and I welded the housing on the replacement diff.

I hit 100K KM's this weekend and wadya know at 100,015 KM CEL P0138 - High voltage read from secondary o2 sensor.

brought the car into the garage and tore down the maf and both o2 sensors for a little clean up. also cleaned the negative battery post. when I put everything back together and get ready to leave wadya know the car doesn't crank. After and hour of sweating and freaking out thinking I screwed something in the ass I found that my negative battery post is a little temperamental the connector has to be at a specific angle for it to make good contact

all in all great weekend.....not

I know one guy did weld his broken diff. I however do not know how well it held up afterwards but I want to say it did not work.
I wasn't about to take that chance when mine broke and I welded the housing on the replacement diff.

yea sounds like a bad idea to me. that's something that would come back to haunt you. (dark)

Jackelope has a rewelded diff in his car and so far it hasn't broken again.

I suggest putting in a diff that hasn't broken though.

Or just get a Quaife... those aren't too expensive are they? lol

I am just a little concerned that whoever had my car before me didn't have the reweld or just hasn't had the first one go out. Of course, they don't generally go out just normal, non agressive driving do they?

Or just get a Quaife... those aren't too expensive are they? lol

I am just a little concerned that whoever had my car before me didn't have the reweld or just hasn't had the first one go out. Of course, they don't generally go out just normal, non agressive driving do they?

They can go out whenever really. I beat the hell out of my car and never had the diff go ended up welding it at about 100k miles just in case. Many people have seen theirs go before the warranty even went out

They can go out whenever really. I beat the hell out of my car and never had the diff go ended up welding it at about 100k miles just in case. Many people have seen theirs go before the warranty even went out

yea i have no idea if the previous owner welded mine or not, i suppose there's no real easy way of checking without ripping all the s*** out, eh?

What have I done to my MSP lately?

Well, I decided to dress up the engine bay. Had a buddy polish the valve cover, heat shield, custom oil catch can and radiator overflow can. Installed Injen intake SRI w/ an awesome custom heat shield :) checkout the pics.

The engine looks so cool that when I get home every evening a pop the hood so every once-in-a-while I take a peak in the garage. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Intake1.jpg
    Intake1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 121
  • Intake2.jpg
    Intake2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Intake4.jpg
    Intake4.jpg