What have you done to your P5 today?

I've always loved Dunlop DZ101's~ i had 2 sets on my cougar, super sticky, stiff sidewalls, i loved them, just DONT DRIVE IN SNOW!

I've heard nothing but good things about Kumho SPTs. They will be the next tires to grace the P5 :)
+1 Very good tires - not loud at all with good treadwear. They're a little soft on the sidewalls but you'd noticed that only with 'hard' driving. I currently have these but will probably be upgrading to some Azenis or the like in the future.

drove her to the chicago auto show today... i love looking at nice new cars (2thumbs). the new lexus IS-F is so sick. 450hp v-8 in a lexus, damn son!

Santa came to my house today!

mmmm, S-techs

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 114
Interesting commute home today. By the time I left work there was about a half inch of snow on the ground. Main roads were no problem, just wet. It was the secondary roads that got me.

First untouched road I turned onto I had traction issues. And this stretch was flat, but she kept drifting to the right. So I would back off the gas and then lightly get back on it. At one point I was spinning tires at 2k. So after cruising two blocks at 5-10mph I came across my next hurdle.

A pretty steep hill with a slight bend at the top which also happens to be a 4-way stop. So I accelerate and back off and accelerate and back off, well about half way up, it didn't matter, I was going to the right again even when backing off. So I put the hazards on and backed down the hill. I knew my chances were slim to begin with but wanted to give it a try.

After sliding to a stop at one more intersection and almost sliding past my street, I made it home.

So Kumho Ecsta AST's = good in dry and wet, not so good in even a little bit of snow with tread wear. Last winter I had no issues with them in a similiar storm but they were new. Upon checking the tread depth when I pulled into the driveway both front tires are 5/32nds across the tire. Tires have just over 20k in 16 months.

Sorry I got long winded, just wanted to share.

yeah, I'd have to say between PA and GA, he missed by a good shot!

Haha or he simply got confused with the P and the G and misdelivered my springs to you. Kindly forward them my way at your expense. :rolleyes:

Washed and clayed the car today. Detailing is both enjoyable and depressing.
I get to find all the "wounds" on my car...Thumbs up to mazda for a crazy thick paint job...(no)

I get to find all the "wounds" on my car...Thumbs up to mazda for a crazy thick paint job...(no)

did you wax afterwards?

clay removes everything... so if you didnt wax you have no protection on your paint right now.

my p5 got a full wash that took about 40 minutes. the wheel rims were polished with mothers metal polish, the exhaust tip got the same treatment. i cleaned my engine bay up with black magic engine detaliler. applied a coat of nxt, wiped that off, and right now the first layer of sealant is curing over night. in the morning im going to remove it, apply another layer, let that dry. than apply 2 coats of gold class just for looks.

tomorrow will be a good day =)

Yep def. waxed, feels reeeeal nice, I was stroking my car afterwards untill some redneck drove past with a "dude your gay look" on his face...

Some people just don't understand!!

Is there any way of repairing the plastic or rubber, at the bottom of all the windows? Mine is such an eyesore...

Yep def. waxed, feels reeeeal nice, I was stroking my car afterwards untill some redneck drove past with a "dude your gay look" on his face...

Some people just don't understand!!

Is there any way of repairing the plastic or rubber, at the bottom of all the windows? Mine is such an eyesore...

the only way besides replacing it is to use trim dressing. IMO the best over the counter trim dressing is stoners trim. stoners products are really really good. especially their glass cleaner.

where in cali are you?

Right on, I'll have to check that out never heard of it... though I probably need to replace mine their so bad.:mad:

glad to hear the Ecsta AST are good in both conditions....these will be going on the P5 soon seeing as my buddy can get them for me for $300 installed
Interesting commute home today. By the time I left work there was about a half inch of snow on the ground. Main roads were no problem, just wet. It was the secondary roads that got me.

First untouched road I turned onto I had traction issues. And this stretch was flat, but she kept drifting to the right. So I would back off the gas and then lightly get back on it. At one point I was spinning tires at 2k. So after cruising two blocks at 5-10mph I came across my next hurdle.

A pretty steep hill with a slight bend at the top which also happens to be a 4-way stop. So I accelerate and back off and accelerate and back off, well about half way up, it didn't matter, I was going to the right again even when backing off. So I put the hazards on and backed down the hill. I knew my chances were slim to begin with but wanted to give it a try.

After sliding to a stop at one more intersection and almost sliding past my street, I made it home.

So Kumho Ecsta AST's = good in dry and wet, not so good in even a little bit of snow with tread wear. Last winter I had no issues with them in a similiar storm but they were new. Upon checking the tread depth when I pulled into the driveway both front tires are 5/32nds across the tire. Tires have just over 20k in 16 months.

Sorry I got long winded, just wanted to share.

Haha or he simply got confused with the P and the G and misdelivered my springs to you. Kindly forward them my way at your expense. :rolleyes:
uh...ya man, I'll get right on that.
I Likey! For the P5? or Miata? Perfect ride height on the P5 and so fun!
For the P5. I've got mad custom shizz on the miata y0! It was actually kind of funny. When I opened the box I was like DAYUM these bitches are HUUUUGE! The whole winter I've been messing with 6" x 2.25" hypercoil race springs on the miata. These things are fuh-normous compared tho those lol

i hate finding all the little imperfections. is the mazda touch up paint any good? or is it crappy just like all the others? (don't worry i'm not getting my hopes up)

i got a botle of yellow touch up paint...its not perfect... i tried it on a couple of spots and its hard to get it to not stand out...I just kept ending up wiping it off lol

Small OBX oil catch can on the vc to intake side. Larger one in mail for pcv to intake manifold side. We'll see on the krank vents. I'm on a "don't feed the animal oil" kick. lol

Eh, on an NA protege, there shouldn't be hardly any oil coming through those.

Latest posts

Back