Search results

1. M

WTB: P5 Engine Harness (Standard Transmission & NO ABS)

In need of a new engine harness for standard transmission and no abs. My harness is giving me grounding issues
  2. M

How do I remove the evaporator housing?

I need help removing the evaporator housing. I already unscrewed the two nuts that were holding it in place. I removed one of the a/c lines but I have no idea how to remove the Low side line? Anyone know how?
  3. M

Cant read ECU codes

Alright guys, 02.5 P5 with complete MSP turbo swap. I have a problem...... My CEL came on 2 days ago and I went to autozone to get it checked out. Unfortunately, the code scanner could not read any of the codes on my car????? It only said "FAIL"..... Does the SSAFC I have installed interfere...
  4. M

Car wont start after installing turbo

Took the head off as I had a blown head gasket, sent it the machine shop to get cleaned and resurfaced. Changed the gasket and bolted it back together in the correct order at the right torque setting. I believe the timing is correctly done as the marks on the cam gears line up and the motor is...
  5. M

Car wont start after installing turbo

Wrong Section
  6. M

WTB: Water Return Elbow

Hi, im about to start the process of turbocharging my P5 and just noticed today that the water return elbow has a little crack and need a new one. Glad I saw it. Anyone have this piece on a junked or parted out MSP? Heres a pic
  7. M

Question regarding boost

I have a couple of questions regarding vacuum lines. I am a complete noob when it comes to boost and this is my first time turbocharging a car. 1) I have an AEM boost gauge and would like to know where do I hook up the "boost line"(according to AEM) with a "T" fitting on it? 2) Is this how...
  8. M

Roof rack delete strips

Just noticed one of the little caps was missing today and would like to get a replacement so there isnt a hole. Anyone have some laying around?
  9. M

My 2002.5 P5 AwesomeSauce build thread

Whats up everyone, decided to create a build thread for my car as it is going to be undergoing some major changes. Everything was completely stock on the car when I first got it besides the lowering springs which gave it a sporty look and I loved it. The car roughly had about ~112K miles when I...
  10. M

MSP A/C Condenser dimensions?

Hi, what are the dimensions for the a/c condendser? Going to use the stock SMIC and need the condenser. Will this one work? http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=499954&cc=1416822&jnid=455&jpid=5
  11. M

Manzo/M2 Performance 4-1 Header

I have this sitting around in my garage and want to get rid of it. It's a Manzo(formerly known as M2 Performance) 4-1 header. Comes with the O2 sensor non-foulers already installed. Will also include the gasket it came with if you really want it, I have no use for it. $70 shipped
  12. M

WTB: Stock MSP cold pipe

Looking for a stock cold pipe for the stock SMIC. Lmk price with shipping to 33033 please. Thanks!
  13. M

WTB: P5 MAF sensor

Looking for a MAF sensor for the P5. Mine is going bad or has already gone bad and is making my car misfire horribly.
  14. M

Misfiring after plugs and coils

Okay, I have 2002 Protege5 with around 130,7XX miles. Its been running fine since around 120K miles and recently it started to misfire. The CEL came on and cylinder 4 was misfiring. After installing new spark plugs, the car still misfired, changed the PCV valve as well. Next was the coils. I...
  15. M

Camber bolts or slotting on rear?

I need to add some negative camber on my rear wheels cause they rub on the fender. What is the best option to do that, camber bolts or slotting?
  16. M

Mini Meet in between Miami and Orlando

Sadly, this is most likely not going to happen due to the lack of interest. Unless we(the Mazda community) really want this to happen. I finally decided that I wanted to have a Mazda meet but there are few to none other Mazda owners in Miami. There are a lot of members in Orlando but that 4...
  17. M

SLS Midpipe or high flow cat?

What are my options to replace the stock midpipe? Should I go with the SLS midpipe or go with a high flow cat? Not really sure if I want to pay $250 for the SLS midpipe though.
  18. M

Is it worth boosting?

Hi, I have a 02 Protege5 with 129,2XX miles on it. I have basic mods done to the motor. Megan Racing Catback, INSYS/Ebay short ram intake, and Manzo(M2 Performance) headers. I've been wanting to get a RWD vehicle for a while now and decided that i am not going to get one anytime soon. So the...
  19. M

Need to get fenders rolled

Need someones help to roll fender locally Just got some Capitol Sport 215/40's put onto some 17x8.25 xxr 527. The tires are stretched a little and they still rub up on the rear fenders. On My first drive, every single bump or weight transfer would cause the tire to rub. I cannot drive like this...
  20. M

New Guy with Undrivable P5

Hello everyone, my name is Jorge. I own a 2002 P5 and I love it to death. Its my first car. Everything is pretty much stock on the motor except for a Megan Racing Cat-back Exhaust. Today as I was driving home from auto zone, the car all of sudden misfired and loss of power for about a second and...
Back