Question regarding boost

:
2002.5 Mazdaspeed Protege5
I have a couple of questions regarding vacuum lines. I am a complete noob when it comes to boost and this is my first time turbocharging a car.

1) I have an AEM boost gauge and would like to know where do I hook up the "boost line"(according to AEM) with a "T" fitting on it?
t6tdsn.jpg

2) Is this how the stock MSP setup is?
k3b235.jpg

3) Where does the straight fitting at the end of the line attach to?
j14xm8.jpg

the T on your boost gauge is so you can run the vac line inline with one of the ports on your intake manifold. You can get rid of the T if you'd like and just tap it into its own vac source. As for your second and third pics i'd give the bpv and wastegate their own separate lines. Getting a vac block would help out a lot with organizing your vac lines.

the T on your boost gauge is so you can run the vac line inline with one of the ports on your intake manifold. You can get rid of the T if you'd like and just tap it into its own vac source. As for your second and third pics i'd give the bpv and wastegate their own separate lines. Getting a vac block would help out a lot with organizing your vac lines.

Thanks for the reply. If I were to get a vac block, where would the block get its vacuum from? The brake booster?

Thanks for the reply. If I were to get a vac block, where would the block get its vacuum from? The brake booster?

The pressure is common among all the tubes, you can make 10 T's and it will be ok, its just more prone to failure at that many joints.

To answer your question, it doesn't matter where the vac line goes, so long as it is connected somewhere on the intake so the component can reference the current pressure in the manifold.

Vacuum block would connect to intake, everything else to vacuum block, same concept here.

Cheers,

Phil.

The pressure is common among all the tubes, you can make 10 T's and it will be ok, its just more prone to failure at that many joints.

To answer your question, it doesn't matter where the vac line goes, so long as it is connected somewhere on the intake so the component can reference the current pressure in the manifold.

Vacuum block would connect to intake, everything else to vacuum block, same concept here.

Cheers,

Phil.

Thanks! That helped out alot.

Latest posts

Back