What did you pay for your CX-5?

Was in the market for a 2021 Touring + PP. However saw a dealer is running a special on 2020 GT for $27,360 listing price.

It also includes Roof Rack Rails/Cargo Mat/Cargo Cover which is nice to have but not crucial for me.

Is this a good deal? I emailed them asking if they will go lower but wondering if I should jump on this.

Was in the market for a 2021 Touring + PP. However saw a dealer is running a special on 2020 GT for $27,360 listing price.

It also includes Roof Rack Rails/Cargo Mat/Cargo Cover which is nice to have but not crucial for me.

Is this a good deal? I emailed them asking if they will go lower but wondering if I should jump on this.year depreciation has been already on a 2020 (if resale it in a few years). And 2021 has a much better display. IMHO, a big no no to purchase old stock if only planning to keep it for a few years. Long term ownership is a different store tho.

Is this a good deal? I emailed them asking if they will go lower but wondering if I should jump on this.
A year depreciation has been already on a 2020 (if resale it in a few years). And 2021 has a much better display. IMHO, a big no no to purchase old stock if only planning to keep it for a few years. Long term ownership is a different story tho.

A year depreciation has been already on a 2020 (if resale it in a few years). And 2021 has a much better display. IMHO, a big no no to purchase old stock if only planning to keep it for a few years. Long term ownership is a different story tho.
Thanks for the tip, Ended up going with the 2021 and I'm glad I did. The 10" screen is a noticeable upgrade over the 2020 7" and feels snappier.

Just got back from the dealership and I'm loving the car :). Ended up getting it down to ~11.6% off MSRP on the White Touring + PP. This price was only valid with cash/self financing though, none of the dealers seemed to offer the special 0.9% financing around this price range.
  • MSRP: $30,600 (white/roof rack rails/cargo cover)
  • Sell price: $27,050
  • Loyalty: -$750
  • OTD: $29,330

I was still getting some responses from other dealers so there might be another $500 that you maybe able to haggle off FWIW.

Thanks for the tip, Ended up going with the 2021 and I'm glad I did. The 10" screen is a noticeable upgrade over the 2020 7" and feels snappier.

Just got back from the dealership and I'm loving the car :). Ended up getting it down to ~11.6% off MSRP on the White Touring + PP. This price was only valid with cash/self financing though, none of the dealers seemed to offer the special 0.9% financing around this price range.
  • MSRP: $30,600 (white/roof rack rails/cargo cover)
  • Sell price: $27,050
  • Loyalty: -$750
  • OTD: $29,330

I was still getting some responses from other dealers so there might be another $500 that you maybe able to haggle off FWIW.
Amazing deals congrats!

I’ve got my wife’s 2021 CX-5 signature back home. I believe the msrp is $39425 and I was able to get >$4000 down with a trade in. I meant the real sale price was unclear to me since they put a very high trade in value of our old car on the final paperwork. BTW, it was with 0.9 % APR.

I’ve got my wife’s 2021 CX-5 signature back home. I believe the msrp is $39425 and I was able to get >$4000 down with a trade in. I meant the real sale price was unclear to me since they put a very high trade in value of our old car on the final paperwork. BTW, it was with 0.9 % APR.
That's not good...

Okay. But do you mind to share why it’s not good?

You should always know exactly what final sales price is. Because that is money that either you will have to pay or you will owe. People get tricked into the monthly payment, which is fine but at the end of the car's time with you, that final sales price number will come due.

You should always know exactly what final sales price is. Because that is money that either you will have to pay or you will owe. People get tricked into the monthly payment, which is fine but at the end of the car's time with you, that final sales price number will come due.
I’m with you. Maybe it was my bad and did not make it clear enough. We knew the sale price.

Would love to receive feedback on the 1st proposal I have received, as I have not bought a car in 12 years!!

'21 CX-5 GT + GTPP (MA 6.25% tax)
MSRP/Retail $34,585.00
Discount $2,717.00
Selling Price $31,868.00 T
Trade Difference $31,868.00
Government Fees $100.00
Proc/Doc Fees $370.00
Subtotal (Selling Price + Addons) $32,338.00
Total Taxes $1,991.75
Total Balance Due $34,329.75

I should be able to qualify for 750 loyalty reward which is not included
this also does not look like it includes MA reg$60, Registration $75, Inspection Sticker $35

going to put 9k down and hope to finance at dealer @ 0.9% as that looks like the current Mazda deal
deep blue crystal mica, w/ Parchment

have a nice weekend everyone

Would love to receive feedback on the 1st proposal I have received, as I have not bought a car in 12 years!!

'21 CX-5 GT + GTPP (MA 6.25% tax)
MSRP/Retail $34,585.00
Discount $2,717.00
Selling Price $31,868.00 T
Trade Difference $31,868.00
Government Fees $100.00
Proc/Doc Fees $370.00
Subtotal (Selling Price + Addons) $32,338.00
Total Taxes $1,991.75
Total Balance Due $34,329.75

I should be able to qualify for 750 loyalty reward which is not included
this also does not look like it includes MA reg$60, Registration $75, Inspection Sticker $35

going to put 9k down and hope to finance at dealer @ 0.9% as that looks like the current Mazda deal
deep blue crystal mica, w/ Parchment

have a nice weekend everyone
Terrible price.
Back in August I picked up a 2020 CX-5 GT FWD with PP in Red with Msrp of $34,030 for $28,300 after $1500 rebate for cash purchase,(available to public) plus tax, tag, license. I did not qualify for any other rebates. Sales are slow now regardless if 2021 or not and they should be wheeling and dealing.

Last edited:
2021 CX5 Carbon Edition AWD/TURBO - Maryland

MSRP - $33K
Emailed or texted 7 dealers for $30500 (+tags and taxes). A few dealers asked for proof of offers, and I provided a copy of those offers.

Received an unexpected +3500k on my trade in and that was the dealership that earned my business.

OTD - $27k

Terrible price.
Back in August I picked up a 2020 CX-5 GT FWD with PP in Red with Msrp of $34,030 for $28,300 after $1500 rebate for cash purchase,(available to public) plus tax, tag, license. I did not qualify for any other rebates. Sales are slow now regardless if 2021 or not and they should be wheeling and dealing.
That's not a terrible price on a current year model with almost no factory rebates. You can't make a good comparison with a deal on a 2020 model from 6 months ago.
Sales in general are always slow in Jan and Feb, but the dealer I work at is up 20% over last year

That's not a terrible price on a current year model with almost no factory rebates. You can't make a good comparison with a deal on a 2020 model from 6 months ago.
Sales in general are always slow in Jan and Feb, but the dealer I work at is up 20% over last year
Dealers are given "engagement" cash offers to be used however they like to customers who want to buy a new vehicle. This is not a mazda consumer rebate such as loyalty, military, first responder, conquest, apr cash etc. This is a hidden cash incentive to come off of the " dealer discounted price" as part of negotiating. There is also a lot of holdback on these vehicles. I know the game. The 2021s are virtually identical except for larger NON TOUCH screen, wireless phone charger and higher res cam. Not a redesigned model that would call for little discount. Nobody has money in Jan Feb and we are still in a Pandemic so again, they should be pulling out the stops to get a vehicle sold and our from their floorplan. Great deals can be found by spending some time to look past local areas and emailing dealers internet or sales manager s directly about the exact vin on their lot, then getting quotes and letting dealers go against each other for the sale. You invest time and effort, you get rewarded. Trade ins should always be treated as a separate transaction. No game playing with numbers like pay msrp on new car and they give you " more" for your car than you think it is worth or can get elsewhere. It's a perception game to make you think you got a good deal. You didn't. They still made out like a bandit. A trade should never be spoken about until the new car price negotiation has been settled.

There is not "a lot of holdback" on Mazdas. It's only 1% of MSRP. American brands have it around 3%.

It doesn't matter what features are different between a 2020 and a 2021. What matters is that new model year vehicles always have less incentive support.

Whether you get an extra $1000 (for example) off as dealer discount or an extra $1000 added to the value of your trade doesn't make a difference. It's still $1000 off of the bottom line. Mazda sets a limit on how much dealers can discount their vehicles and they do audits to make sure they're in compliance. Maybe you can only get 8% off of MSRP, but they over-allow on your trade, making the total reduction 11%. The bottom line is all that matters

There is not "a lot of holdback" on Mazdas. It's only 1% of MSRP. American brands have it around 3%.

It doesn't matter what features are different between a 2020 and a 2021. What matters is that new model year vehicles always have less incentive support.

Whether you get an extra $1000 (for example) off as dealer discount or an extra $1000 added to the value of your trade doesn't make a difference. It's still $1000 off of the bottom line. Mazda sets a limit on how much dealers can discount their vehicles and they do audits to make sure they're in compliance. Maybe you can only get 8% off of MSRP, but they over-allow on your trade, making the total reduction 11%. The bottom line is all that matters
You sound like a salesman. Holdback is for a fact way more than 1 percent. Dealers set their own price, they can sell for whatever they want. It's not the apple store. The information you are fed from management is just laughable. Dealers MAKE MONEY REGARDLESS on a sale. They make even MORE money on a trade in. Some gullible sap who doesn't know any better ALWAYS get taken for a ride, both psychologically and literally.

Last edited:
You sound like a salesman. Holdback is for a fact way more than 1 percent. Dealers set their own price, they can sell for whatever they want. It's not the apple store. The information you are fed from management is just laughable.
I can show you a Mazda invoice. Holdback is 1%. Where are you getting that it's not?

Back