Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

vinyl wrap weekend

not a pro but did this for a friend over the weekend, also does anyone know how to take the trim around the door lock buttons off with out taking the whole door panel off?

image4.JPGimage3.JPGimage1.JPG

Nice!
You should post a diy. From where did you purchase the material and how did you apply it?

So, finally got them Topline fender flares painted and fitted. Had to mount 25mm spacers due to only 255 wide winter tires. Now flush as wanted.
2015-02-04153013_zps4f00fc1c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-02-04152932_zps5b9f1d0e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-02-04153110_zpsab0351ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those flares. So sick. Musta cost a pretty penny. Nice work overall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I want to do the same.
How to do it in the most safe way not to hurt any paint?

I have used lighter fluid ( naphtha ) in the past with good results. Hold a paper towel or cloth cut from a T-shirt that is slightly larger than the sticker while you apply the lighter fluid. If you do this right, the cloth will stay on the car body as long as it is wet. After soaking for a while, pick at the sticker with the edge of a plastic throw away spoon. The plastic spoon is soft enough to not scratch the paint and the naphtha will not dissolve the paint but it will soften the glue that holds the sticker. The lighter fluid will remove any car wax though.

I did this a few weeks ago. Its my wife's car. It took almost 2 days, but it was worth it! What 'cha think?
3478876bac6e9b53a057e9fabc248ac3.jpg

b6174b42aea06ffdc07b09c0090a6039.jpg

5b4328c7cbd54b68a38eccb5a919e390.jpg
ddeb59d27e0c9d80134b93eb6bbf2bca.jpg

I was thinkig about doing this myself, but different color.
How easy is to take the headlight apart?

It's pretty rough, but if you take your time with it, it's not too bad. What we did was out the headlights in the oven for about 5 minutes each at the lowest setting (200) to heat up the urethane holding it together, then peeled it apart slowly. Just be patient with it

I had my light off when I was installing my 5k hids and my horns (bumper off). Started to unscrew the lights to remove the orange reflector then didn't want to deal with the putty. + I didn't have any putty for resealing if I needed to.

It's pretty rough, but if you take your time with it, it's not too bad. What we did was out the headlights in the oven for about 5 minutes each at the lowest setting (200) to heat up the urethane holding it together, then peeled it apart slowly. Just be patient with it

Did any of the plastic chip while trying to pry it? I'm more concerned about that and proper sealing of the headlight after.

No, you just have to be careful with it when you do it. Once I was finished painting the insides, I got some generic black outdoor urethane chalk from Lowe's and re-did the seal and stuck the lens back on.

No, you just have to be careful with it when you do it. Once I was finished painting the insides, I got some generic black outdoor urethane chalk from Lowe's and re-did the seal and stuck the lens back on.

Nice. Is that a Tech Pack with AFS bi-xenons?

Back