Best OBD II scanners - Not computer or cell phone-based

Also I think the Autel line of products - find one that fits your budget and needs:

I think the Autel ML629 would be a good balance of features and price.

though with this note:
"★NOTE: MD806 Pro/ML629,etc. handheld tool support limited specific 30+ car makes mainly up to 2014/2015. It does NOT support 2016/ 2017/ 2018/ 2019, etc. cars. If any question, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘."

So.. that is say model specific codes not supported - BUT as OP said if just doing basic DIY stuff this should get the job done. Email them (Autel) for specifics I guess.

Also I think the Autel line of products - find one that fits your budget and needs:

I think the Autel ML629 would be a good balance of features and price.

though with this note:
"★NOTE: MD806 Pro/ML629,etc. handheld tool support limited specific 30+ car makes mainly up to 2014/2015. It does NOT support 2016/ 2017/ 2018/ 2019, etc. cars. If any question, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘."

So.. that is say model specific codes not supported - BUT as OP said if just doing basic DIY stuff this should get the job done. Email them (Autel) for specifics I guess.
Yeah I posted on Amazon to Autel and they said don't buy this one it doesn't support newer cars.

For those with a Costco membership, the Thinkcar 660 scan tool is on sale through 10/15/21 for $150 shipped. Item # 1583200. I like the fact that it doesn't require any sort of subscription or annual fees and comes with free lifetime updates. It probably has more features than I need but better to have too many than not enough.

But the lone and detailed review scared me away from this ThinkCar 660 OBD2 diagnostic scan tool from Costco.

I don't even see a review. Your post must have scared him off.

If you click on the link in Mantra 7's post, then click on the Reviews tab, it's there. It's the only review there, and its a 1-star review. The author states that parts were missing and that the software was buggy, then states that dealing with customer service is a pain. Doesn't state whether they were able to resolve the issue, they just said they lost interest in the product and wouldn't recommend it.

The purchase price is cheap enough, and it's readily accessible through Costco. I would say its worth trying out. If it doesn't meet your needs, it would be easy enough to return it to the store.

I don't even see a review. Your post must have scared him off.
The lone review was posted only 9 hours ago by USWC. Other than missing cable、sketchy software、and poor customer service, the tool can't support all GM vehicles which he is concentrating to.

Untitled.png

I note that the ThinkCar 660 says it does "TPMS Reset". Does this mean it does "Re-Learn?". In other words, will it tell our 2013 Toyota Venza's ECU that the winter tires are now on and teach it the new TPMS? (unfortunately, our Venza can only hold one set of TPMS at a time, unlike my 2020 CX-5 Signature).

If you click on the link in Mantra 7's post, then click on the Reviews tab, it's there. It's the only review there, and its a 1-star review. The author states that parts were missing and that the software was buggy, then states that dealing with customer service is a pain. Doesn't state whether they were able to resolve the issue, they just said they lost interest in the product and wouldn't recommend it.

The purchase price is cheap enough, and it's readily accessible through Costco. I would say its worth trying out. If it doesn't meet your needs, it would be easy enough to return it to the store.
It's NOT there using Firefox or Chrome on my computer. Weird.

I don't know on the Mazda side (use BT OBD options for my CX-5) but this one is getting rave reviews for being a Toyota Techstream substitute for Toyota/Lexus models. I think it normally retails for around $350

Back