2019 CX-9 Coolant consumption

:
2019 CX-9 Signature
My 2019 consumes coolant since it was new. It's now at 38k I've already topped off few times. Last time I've topped it off at 31k to the full mark. 7k miles later it's now at the half way to Minimum mark. I didn't notice any fluid on the floor nor the dealer ever told me if they saw any leak when oil change. Moving forward I plan to do my own oil change so I will take a better look from the belly.

I think the first time I noticed the coolant dropped to minimum around 10k or 15k service and I brought it up to the service advisor if they could top off the coolant for me and they offered to flush the coolant. I was like wtf and went to another dealer to buy a jug of FL22 to top it off myself. Since then I've been checking every time I wash the car and topped it off couple times already.

I didn't think this could be too big of an issue because my past BMW 3 series consumed coolant when the engine was new and slowed down as it aged. Until recently I see a few threads about the 2016 coolant leaking and resulted in engine replacement. So far there were few cases of 2016 and couple for 2017 and 2018 reported. Not feeling good about this now.

It should be at the full mark when it is hot. With it half way down now, presumably cold, mark that. Notice how high it gets when hot, and if drops below this new mark when cold. The coolant in the tank varies in temperature depending on the heat of the day and how hard you've been driving the car. You need to see the level at a consistent temperature to accurately judge any consumption. If filled when cold it may go out the overflow when hot as designed.

It should be at the full mark when it is hot. With it half way down now, presumably cold, mark that. Notice how high it gets when hot, and if drops below this new mark when cold. The coolant in the tank varies in temperature depending on the heat of the day and how hard you've been driving the car. You need to see the level at a consistent temperature to accurately judge any consumption. If filled when cold it may go out the overflow when hot as designed.
Thanks for the tip. Will monitor it for a bit.

Back