Stock Tire Life

BTW, if you decide to get General AltiMAX RT43 225/65R17 102H tires, make sure to add a couple of more psi’s than factory recommended tire pressure (36 ~ 37 psi cold instead of 34 psi) for the best performance from your new RT43 tires.

Last edited:
Not sure if American Tire Depot is related to America’s Tire Store, but you’re in LA and you should be able to find an America’s Tire Store (Discount Tire Store in other states) near by. America’s Tire Store or Discount Tire Store usually will do price-match, and I’ve always been getting tires from Discount Tire since they have excellent Hunter tire installation machine with nation-wide network for free flat repair、tire balancing and rotation、and other tire services. $87 per tire for General AltiMAX RT43 225/55R17 102H is an unbelievable price, but the total out-of-door price $560 before tax doesn’t add up. $560 - ($87 X 4) = $212; $53 per tire which covers valve stems、installation、or some road hazard warranty is outrageous to me. Here’s price structure on Discount Tire in my area and the America’s Tire in your area should be similar. You can go to America’s Tire / Discount Tire website to get price info before you go to a local America’s Tire Store and do the price-match on a total out-of-door price.

View attachment 296267

The $50 Visa prepaid card on purchasing General AltiMAX RT43 tires between 3/1/2021 ~ 4/30/2021 is a manufacture rebate. You can get this rebate when you buy General tires from any tire stores.

GET UP TO A $70 VISA® PREPAID CARD With the purchase of 4 qualifying passenger General Tires

Thank you. You are correct about the Store name out here. I called and was quoted $670 out the door for the 4 General.

BTW, if you decide to get General AltiMAX RT43 225/55R17 102H tires, make sure to add a couple of more psi’s than factory recommended tire pressure (36 ~ 37 psi cold instead of 34 psi) for the best performance from your new RT43 tires.
Kind of disappointed to be coming close to the end of tire life at only 32K. 2018 Grand Touring. The factory Toyo 19 inchers whine and hum like 4 heavy treaded off road snow tires on smooth roads and the wear bars are getting close to the tread. My brother has the same vehicle, bought about the same time and is experiencing the same issue.

thank you. you are correct about the Store name out here. I called and was quoted $670 out the door for the 4 General.
If I were you, I’d go to an America’s Tire Store and ask them to do the price-match for $560 out-of-door price before tax from American Tire Depot. Those lifetime free tire services including flat repair、free tire rotation and balancing nationwide from Discount Tire / America’s Tire are excellent.

The best part to me from Discount Tire / America’s Tire is when I need a new set of tires, they will give me the pro-rated mileage credit immediately towards my next purchase. I don’t even have to wait until the wear-bar (2/32”) shows up, they usually start to encourage me to get new tires with 4/32” tread life remaining.

If I were you, I’d go to an America’s Tire Store and ask them to do the price-match for $560 out-of-door price before tax from American Tire Depot. Those lifetime free tire services including flat repair、free tire rotation and balancing nationwide from Discount Tire / America’s Tire are excellent.

The best part to me from Discount Tire / America’s Tire is when I need a new set of tires, they will give me the pro-rated mileage credit immediately towards my next purchase. I don’t even have to wait until the wear-bar (2/32”) shows up, they usually start to encourage me to get new tires with 4/32” tread life remaining.

I’ve enjoyed prorated credits a number of times. 4/32” is a great time for some new rubber. Can’t beat the credits or the included services!

I can second about America’s Tires - I have definitely gotten some good deals from them and would not hesitate to go to them again when needed.

I have had good experience as well and they do pricematch.

Just be careful whoever mounts the wheels on the car to not scratch them. Usually in/around the holes for the lug nuts. The new gen2 wheels top coat and paint scratch very easily as it seems.

This morning, I rotated the stock Toyo A36 tires on my '20 CX-5 Signature for the first time at 8,022 miles. The tread depth started at 10/32". The fronts had 6/32". The rears had 9/32".

Based on a minimum required tread depth of 2/32" in Texas, I used half of the front's legal life in 8,000 miles.

If I rotate every 7,500 as suggested, the front tires will be slick at 22,500 miles and the rears will be down to 4/32".

If I rotate more frequently, I might be able to squeeze 25,000 out of them before they'll no longer pass inspection, but they'll become unsafe in the rain long before that. Wow.

I suspect the root cause is a heavy foot, 320 ft-lb of low-RPM torque, and an AWD system that can't send as much power to the rear wheels as the iVTM-4 system in my previous Hondas which wore tires much more evenly and less aggressively. :)

What is the 3 thing he put over every wheel last in video?

Back