What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Great job...please send me instructions.

Today I wrapped the piano black section of the center console. Pretty easy to separate. Everything surrounding it is held on by clips with the exception of the shifter boot which is only 2 screws.
1324061b791718cf4ab76ddcffe25af1.jpg
2845db91e10cc898b105d24ba03b5cb9.jpg
94947acada8c7a7dd7403862784b92c0.jpg
319695852a9f835b727e5815b992f31d.jpg

Chris, how many miles do you have on your car? What are the symptoms of a compressor failure? Once on our ex CLK320, the whole car jerked forward badly, almost as we would have hit something, or we hit the brake very suddenly.

Chris, how many miles do you have on your car? What are the symptoms of a compressor failure? Once on our ex CLK320, the whole car jerked forward badly, almost as we would have hit something, or we hit the brake very suddenly.

138k. I didn't really notice symptoms it because I rarely ever use it. However now that I have the new (used) one I can tell that I was getting a lot of extra vibration even when it was off. It was also causing drag on the engine. Not sure what was wrong with it, but it was something to do with the clutch mechanism. When I spun the pulley by had it was catching on something.

Edit actually there was a ticking noise which at first I thought was a brake pad because I had did a brake job. Then I realized it happened at idle and figured it was valve chatter. Then after a few weeks I realized my ac was not blowing, and I narrowed it down to the compressor. I could see nil it wobbling a little and when I reached to see how loose it was I barely touched a wire on it and the wire snapped. $73 on bay (LKQ) for a reclaimed compressor with like 15k and about $380 to have it installed and ac system serviced (dried/leak tested recharged etc)

Last edited:
True story:

As I was walking up to the car tonight, a nice older lady walked up and asked "Is that your little candy apple?"
"Yes," I chuckled.
"Well, I just want to lick it," she said.

It does look amazing under bright streetlights... and sunlight.

True story:

As I was walking up to the car tonight, a nice older lady walked up and asked "Is that your little candy apple?"
"Yes," I chuckled.
"Well, I just want to lick it," she said.

It does look amazing under bright streetlights... and sunlight.

(inout)

One of the first things I did to our CX as the scratches show easily. Quick install
1e5f7c22d1f5f797aaa94591c3f8c717.jpg

I'm not worried about installing the trim. I recently ran the android auto/Apple car play cables and had to remove all that stuff.

How is the fit and finish? Does it show scratches like the factory piano black trim?

I'm not worried about installing the trim. I recently ran the android auto/Apple car play cables and had to remove all that stuff.

How is the fit and finish? Does it show scratches like the factory piano black trim?
Fit is ok, definitely a lot less scratches than what's under it. Just tends to grab more dust on the sides.

I'm surprised Mazda placed gloss black trim on those high usage areas

After two years, finally programmed the Homelink on the review mirror. This was after I noticed the garage remote which was clipped to the visor had punched a small hole in the headliner. (mad) The remote is now in the glove box.

Chipped the windshield. Sort of. It's wierd. It's inside the glass. The glass feels smooth on both sides. Which, of course, means it can't be repaired.
cb28df4ce2a42b736fd578d9c460128e.jpg

Chipped the windshield. Sort of. It's wierd. It's inside the glass. The glass feels smooth on both sides. Which, of course, means it can't be repaired.
cb28df4ce2a42b736fd578d9c460128e.jpg

In all probability, it can still be repaired. The repair process uses very high pressure to force the acrylic adhesive into the hole.

It appears to be smooth on both sides but undoubtedly the hole is very tiny. However, the longer you wait to get it repaired, the more it will show because dirt can get imbedded into the windshield.

If, for one reason or another, the chip started from the inside, it can still be done but unless you did something to the car yourself from the inside, it has to be outside.

The repair tech will find the hole.

She*ll be 2 years old next week, so she gotta moly oil change with filter and tire rotation (3rd one at 17500 miles), and this afternoon she*s getting a wash, coat of CarPro Essence, and gonna test out some BeadMaker as a top coat...

She*ll be 2 years old next week, so she gotta moly oil change with filter and tire rotation (3rd one at 17500 miles), and this afternoon she*s getting a wash, coat of CarPro Essence, and gonna test out some BeadMaker as a top coat...

BeadMaker is mostly hype. I do like it for the slickness when clean or when washing the car, the smell, and the ease of application, but besides that it's really no better than Sonax BSD, Meg's Quik Wax, etc. I kind of wish I didn't buy a gallon of it.

BeadMaker is mostly hype. I do like it for the slickness when clean or when washing the car, the smell, and the ease of application, but besides that it's really no better than Sonax BSD, Meg's Quik Wax, etc. I kind of wish I didn't buy a gallon of it.

LOL, I went ahead and bought a gallon as well based on price and how much it takes to do it. All good, I*m not expecting miracles, but it should suffice to replace the quick detailer wax I just ran out of conveniently...

On the other hand, I love the CarPro Essence...

Back