What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Picked her up from the collision shop last night. A supplemental claim was done bringing the total damages to just under $5400. She looks as good as new and the few paint chips we had in the hood are now gone. :)

If you were a bystander you would have thought we were picking the car up, off the showroom floor, my wife was smiling ear to ear and practically running to it with keys in hand. She said that she missed her baby.

One thing that came out of it is we know that the Nissan Rogue will not be a competitor come August when the lease is up. Had one for our rental and neither of us liked it. We both hit our heads on the sun visor when getting into the driver's seat and didn't care for the 'feel'. Two things I liked were the heated steering wheel and that the touchscreen could be used while driving.
And Nissan CVT's are total pieces of crap too.

Installed Weathertech mats all the way around when I picked it up from the dealer last week: front driver & passenger, rear, and cargo area. Glad I did. I got mud & dirt out here in the sticks until I spring for fresh gravel.

Bought the cargo mat that has the roll-up bumper protection mat snapped to it. The cargo mat for the CX-5 does not have notches cut out for the cargo securing loops, but it does have a raised lip around them so (a) the area to cut out is delineated, and (b) the lip puts the cut-outs on the outside of the spill-containment area. They are not scored to make removing the material easy, nor do the directions even talk about doing so (the cargo mat pics on the website are universal, not showing the raised lip for the CX-5 version). I called Customer Service to verify that these are intended to be notched by the customer. I have not notched it yet.

Also bought Weathertech Cargo Containment System. I've used them for a week so far to stop groceries from sliding around..works really well. These "stick" to cargo mats or just the plain carpet. There are no attachment points or snaps or anything, just grip material on the bottoms.

NISS_Pathfinder_13_Groceries.jpg

Stock Weathertech Pic

Put Rain-X on the windshield and rear window yesterday.

Bought a pretty slick "6-in-1" safety device. It is a small 3 way LED flashlight that plugs into the cigarette lighter for charging (or charge via USB) that has a seat belt cutter and emergency window breaker built in. Also has USB out to use as "on-the-go" charging battery for cellphones, etc. It fits nicely in the console cigarette lighter outlet (you can close the lid), so it's handy if needed. Obviously fills all sorts of emergency needs, and the flashlight is right there and is always charged.

product_26292_product_shots1_image.jpg

Last edited:
Not to mention, the person who packed those bags should be fired! :)

Same with the person who photoshopped the groceries into the bags. I mean, look at that deformed bottle of Simply Orange juice, haha!

Maybe that's the back of a 1.5L CRV ;)

I just put my plastic bag groceries together in a little pile and then surround them with those Lego pieces. It's not photo-quality, but they don't go anywhere.

I was going to get a cargo net instead of these for grocery containment, but figured it might not be the best material to be laying on top of groceries (milk, veggies). It would be tough to keep clean and odor-free.

I also do a lot of meals through church (feeding folks lunch this Saturday), so this system will keep the crock pot from sliding around, with no spills on netting to worry about.

Last edited:
I also do a lot of meals through church (feeding folks lunch this Saturday), so this system will keep the crock pot from sliding around, with no spills on netting to worry about.

My mom has this really old board (like a piece of finished plywood) with a bunch of holes in it, with ~6" tall pegs to go in the various holes as needed. It's made specifically to hold crock pots and other types of cooking dishes upright to keep them from tumbling over in a vehicle. She had it when I was little in the 80's.

My mom has this really old board (like a piece of finished plywood) with a bunch of holes in it, with ~6" tall pegs to go in the various holes as needed. It's made specifically to hold crock pots and other types of cooking dishes upright to keep them from tumbling over in a vehicle. She had it when I was little in the 80's.

THAT'S a good idea.

If she's like many of us, she has more that one Crock Pot of more than one size.

I might fashion something like that to lay in the back of my CX-5.

THAT'S a good idea.

If she's like many of us, she has more that one Crock Pot of more than one size.

I might fashion something like that to lay in the back of my CX-5.

heh I tried to Google pic search to see if anything came up, but didn't see anything. I did find a pic of the exact Rival crock pot she had when I was little. Yellow outside with a brown ceramic bowl inside. :p

heh I tried to Google pic search to see if anything came up, but didn't see anything. I did find a pic of the exact Rival crock pot she had when I was little. Yellow outside with a brown ceramic bowl inside. :p

Judging by your earlier comment, I've got Crock Pots as old as you...and they still work fine. I've got 4 of them and was just looking at buying a 5th because it was on sale at less than 1/2 price. I'm glad I've got a small house. It forces limits on me ;)

Does your mom have one of <i>these</i>:

il_570xN.701134181_35j5.jpg

It is a cake/bread insert for the Crock Pot.

You fill it with batter, put it on a trivet (to hold it off of the bottom), pour in a little hot water, then let it steam for 3-4 hours. It makes REALLY good steamed breads (Banana bread, date & nut bread, brown bread). I got mine mail-order from an old Rival cookbook.

You can make one out of any sized can, and use a piece of aluminum foil with holes punched in the top as the lid.
I've made gift-sized breads at Christmas by using vegetable cans and small tomato paste cans.

Ordered another set of autoexe outer tie rods from JP. Both sides of mine have play in them.

2019 signature - Soul Red Crystal

Exterior
-oem front and rear bumper trim
-oem side window deflectors
-oem rear bumper guard
- high gloss black front trim (autoflex)
- high gloss black roof (autoflex)

Interior
-oem aluminum sport pedals
-oem illuminated door sill

I'm in love with my new baby!

cx-5%20(1).jpg

cx-5%20(2).jpg

cx-5%20(3).jpg

cx-5%20(4).jpg

2019 signature - Soul Red Crystal

Exterior
-oem front and rear bumper trim
-oem side window deflectors
-oem rear bumper guard
- high gloss black front trim (autoflex)
- high gloss black roof (autoflex)

Interior
-oem aluminum sport pedals
-oem illuminated door sill

I'm in love with my new baby!

That first pic is nice!! I love the angle, and the red really pops against the overcast sky.

I just bought a GT Reserve and was seriously on the fence regarding paint color. I chose Eternal Blue over the SCRM, but it was not an easy decision.

That first pic is nice!! I love the angle, and the red really pops against the overcast sky.

I just bought a GT Reserve and was seriously on the fence regarding paint color. I chose Eternal Blue over the SCRM, but it was not an easy decision.

Thanks. I dont think you can go wrong with any color. This car looks great and the design Im sure will not look dated for awhile.

Dropped it off for a to get ac compressor replacedar ($73 from lkq) and pasenger inner CV boot replaced. Gonna do both front wheel bearing myself cus 1 is loud now and also replace front tie rods that have play

Back