What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Finally got it washed and waxed.

2019 Signature lowered on Eibach springs.

sidewashed.jpg

anglewashed.jpg

LOL, I went ahead and bought a gallon as well based on price and how much it takes to do it. All good, I*m not expecting miracles, but it should suffice to replace the quick detailer wax I just ran out of conveniently...

On the other hand, I love the CarPro Essence...

Lol, that's exactly why I bought BeadMaker! My bottle of Quik Wax was running dry so I decided to try it out haha.

Lol, that's exactly why I bought BeadMaker! My bottle of Quik Wax was running dry so I decided to try it out haha.

Welp, I*m all finished, and this is basically all this stuff is as well. It*ll work I guess. Curious to see what the car looks like after it rains here Friday...

In all probability, it can still be repaired. The repair process uses very high pressure to force the acrylic adhesive into the hole.

It appears to be smooth on both sides but undoubtedly the hole is very tiny. However, the longer you wait to get it repaired, the more it will show because dirt can get imbedded into the windshield.

If, for one reason or another, the chip started from the inside, it can still be done but unless you did something to the car yourself from the inside, it has to be outside.

The repair tech will find the hole.
Stone from an over pass hit the window. Def outside.

Just realized today marks 6 years since I bought my CX-5, was also on a Saturday. Very happy with that decision. :)

Just crossed 80k miles earlier this week.

Just realized today marks 6 years since I bought my CX-5, was also on a Saturday. Very happy with that decision. :)

Just crossed 80k miles earlier this week.

ours just hit 90K this past week.

Put it up on 4 jack stands last night and rotated the tires. Dang man it's a PITA to get this thing up on 4 jack stands, as compared to my small lightweight Honda.

Put it up on 4 jack stands last night and rotated the tires. Dang man it's a PITA to get this thing up on 4 jack stands, as compared to my small lightweight Honda.
I'll let the discount tire folks rotate them for free.

Uh, you're supposed to balance the tires, not the car.

I'll let the discount tire folks rotate them for free.

I don't have free rotations, and I don't want other people working on my vehicles anyway. I let them mount and balance the tires, do the alignment, and that's it. Plus it's easier for me to just do it rather than trying to take it somewhere, drop it off and/or wait, then pick it back up again. I do it myself in 20-30 minutes.

I don't have free rotations, and I don't want other people working on my vehicles anyway. I let them mount and balance the tires, do the alignment, and that's it. Plus it's easier for me to just do it rather than trying to take it somewhere, drop it off and/or wait, then pick it back up again. I do it myself in 20-30 minutes.

You shouldn't have to defend yourself for rotating your own tires :) Four jack stands is a good idea. I've done the silly method of using the spare in rotation so I only need to jack up one wheel at a time. It's a cumbersome way to rotate tires. Where do you place each stand? It's kind of hard for me to find reinforced spots sometimes on this car.

You shouldn't have to defend yourself for rotating your own tires :) Four jack stands is a good idea. I've done the silly method of using the spare in rotation so I only need to jack up one wheel at a time. It's a cumbersome way to rotate tires. Where do you place each stand? It's kind of hard for me to find reinforced spots sometimes on this car.

The points where the lower control arms attach to the frame is always a safe bet. But for some reason this past time I had trouble getting it to sit level, had to keep a jack under one rear corner to get the tire off and on. My little Honda is super easy to jack up the whole front under the radiator support and the rear using the rear tow hook. But these CX5's aren't that easy. Front center jack point is way up under the car, behind the oil pan somewhere.

The points where the lower control arms attach to the frame is always a safe bet. But for some reason this past time I had trouble getting it to sit level, had to keep a jack under one rear corner to get the tire off and on. My little Honda is super easy to jack up the whole front under the radiator support and the rear using the rear tow hook. But these CX5's aren't that easy. Front center jack point is way up under the car, behind the oil pan somewhere.

That's how I jack mine for jackstands. well first I jack at the pinch weld to put a brick under each front tire. Then I can get the jack under the car and onto the subframe jack point to raise the car to where I need it. then I place the stand on the pinch weld. for the rear I just use the rear diff.

I don't think that method is silly at all, it's what I do if I'm only rotating the tires. No need for jack stands, which I do have.

Replaced both front wheel bearings/hub assembly ($80 for the set), replace outer tie rod ends, and installed 4 point ultra racing rear lower arm bar 2/2 for AWD (had it for about 3 or 4 mo). I've been running the 2point 1/2 part for ~ 5 years now but for a long time they only had both parts for FWD.
58613003_10161609647230487_513328181910962176_n.jpg

58462825_10161609645720487_241620957263822848_n.jpg
58578398_10161610437160487_5683068573942022144_n.jpg
58606361_10161610445730487_9024180417263042560_o.jpg

Last edited:
Grabbed some oil at Walmart yesterday and Thailand made OE filter should arrive today. Got it for $5.

They were out of the normal Castrol Edge I use, so I picked up some Pennzoil Platinum they had instead. It was $22, so not bad at all. Also decided to give the 5w30 a try for the summer over the 0w20.

Last edited:
Grabbed some oil at Walmart yesterday and Thailand made OE filter should arrive today. Got it for $5.

They were out of the normal Castrol Edge I use, so I picked up some Pennzoil Platinum they had instead. It was $22, so not bad at all. Also decided to give the 5w30 a try for the summer over the 0w20.

Where did you get a $5 filter. My dealer charged $8.50 I think, and took about 10 minutes to figure it out.

Where did you get a $5 filter. My dealer charged $8.50 I think, and took about 10 minutes to figure it out.
They were on Amazon for $9. It had an option to subscribe and have 1 sent on an interval. First one was 50% off, so it was actually more like $4.50.

Changed the oil over the weekend, right at 90,000 miles, and took a sample to send to Blackstone for my first ever Used Oil Analysis! We'll see what they say. 6,200 miles on this last oil fill, with Mazda Moly oil.

Just got my new interior led lights delivered! Excited to install them tonight in my new 2019 GTR!

Where did you get them?

I've wanted to do the same thing but initial search for 2019 listings led me nowhere.

And post pics!!!

Latest posts

Back