Inserting my pouty face and stomping my feet

dammitcam

:
Probe GT
I need to find a dang rotary powered car on the cheap.. I've had tens of Mazdas and have never had a rotary powered engine.... It frustrates me because I currently live in MI where every douchebag swaps in some sort of jank*** v8 and completely ruins the car.. I currently have a 2G Probe and every time I look at it it makes me want a 7 that much more (nailbyt)

Be honest with you. Until I sell some Probe parts and/or get my business going a littler better, under a grand. doesn't matter what work needs done really. Just don't want to fool with too bad of rust, or burn victims lol.

$1K won't get you much. A very abused/non-running FB/FC at best. Up your budget to $2-3K and you'll find lots of cars available. It's hard to find good examples of these left for sale, and when you do, the current owner wants way too much.

$1K won't get you much. A very abused/non-running FB/FC at best. Up your budget to $2-3K and you'll find lots of cars available. It's hard to find good examples of these left for sale, and when you do, the current owner wants way too much.

Yes! I agree 100%

I am seeing more of the $2000-3000$ rx8's that need motors. Mucho car for the money!

I don't need the car to be running, honestly it could be completely mechanically unsound lol just really would like a full interior and no to minimal rust

I don't need the car to be running, honestly it could be completely mechanically unsound lol just really would like a full interior and no to minimal rust

Like all 80's Japanese cars rust is the No. 1 enemy. My first RX-7, a '89 GXL, was a southern car it's entire life until I brought it to OH and even it had rust. Intact interior will also be difficult due to age, sun exposure, and general unavailability of parts. For $1K or less you're likely only going to find non-running examples with rust and missing/broken interiors. Your best bet is to find someone's unfinished project.

If you are willing to travel I see FB's and occasional FC's close to or in your price range from time to time. Ima in California's central v alley so rust is generally not a problem, most of the interiors are toast though. Too much sun here......

Back