NEMOC Random BS Thread

Jeff, I would help if I was closer. Seems to be a common issue with the top hats as the car ages, rubber gets old and separates from the metal. Check the fronts as well.

I remember reading about that Maff. Going to call Young tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have one in stock. If not, I'll go through OMP or Rosenthal.

Thanks for the offer Bruce. I could procrastinate...when will you and Mary be driving South through PA? lol

Enjoy Mahk! Showed Tam that pic of the MSM in the garage and she said she really likes your car...even with the bronze wheels.

Daddy got a new pair of shoes. :)

Nice Wheels Jeff, when did you install the flag pole??

Removed the console to clean and lubricate the shifter. Didn't feel any difference but found the shifter rubber boot has a hole in it, as does the e-brake cover. Will look for used one in the US this winter.

G'day folks. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I actually went thru and read everything from Wednesday on.

I had a fun time at the Abarth Experience at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. Awesome track they have there. Lots of fun and flows well. The even was split into three "modules." On track instruction, autocross, and a head to head event, which is a smaller autocross where both drivers run at the same time on identical courses. No times, but based on number of penalties (cones, stop box viloations, etc). I managed to win fastest time of day in the autocross. The course was lengthened from the day before, and their fastest time was around 30.9. I ran a 29.72. There was a Team Autocross challenge where they split the entire group of 60 people up, took each half's fastest autocross time, averaged them, and compared the averages. My team won that. I went on to win the head to head challenge after that. It was a bracket style elimination and I went undefeated. All of that netted me a really nice Abarth jacket, key chain, helmet sticker, travel mug, and two trophies.

The real cool thing was that they had a RaceKeeper system in each car where you inserted a USB drive, and it saved all your runs onto it with some basic telemetry and map of the course. I've not watched all of them, but this is a video from my final two laps on track. Of course, there was more speed to be had out there, but there were no prizes for being the fastest at that, so I focused more on actually driving. There's a few things I would have done differently if I had one more go at it, but whatever. I'll just do it next time.

Nice Phen.

You know I'm not doing the berkshires.

Autoxed on SUnday in Quebec, not our normal venue. Had high hopes but couldn't put it into practice. Finished 10 out of 24 cars in my class and 38 out of 100.

No work today so going to take in a movie and have an early dinner with Mary, she's off today as well.

Nice Phen.

You know I'm not doing the berkshires.

Autoxed on SUnday in Quebec, not our normal venue. Had high hopes but couldn't put it into practice. Finished 10 out of 24 cars in my class and 38 out of 100.

No work today so going to take in a movie and have an early dinner with Mary, she's off today as well.

ya, figured that...enjoy the movie and dinner withe mary...i just had lunch with robin because i'm home with a nasty cold...ugh

Afternoon! This summer has flown by, the kiddies start school in 8 business days.

Thanks guys, loving the new look and the fresh tires. Flag pole was only temp. for the pics, couldn't clear the overpasses while driving so had to take it down.

Feel better Mahk!!!

Lucy looks interesting but I'll wait for dvd. Next movie I might see in theaters is the Best of Me....that is if Tam gets over her phobia of germs lurking on the seats. lol

Thanks Jeff, back to work today! Tell Tam I just heard the best place to pick up head lice is the movie theatre!!

Bet you were happy to get back. A bad day at work is better than a day sick in bed! LMAO...I'll tell her tonight! She's such a germophobe and I love to get her going.

hey, got all new corksport cold pipes, new koyo R radiator, now i need to find the time to install them! hung curtians vanity lights and did a kids bday pahty today

Is the old rad leaking??
no, but it's known weak point and many of the msm owners with similar mileage/yrs (10+) are experiencing failures at the most inopportune times. what happens is the plastic tank on top just cracks open. i'd like the extra cooling too. got slim 10 blade fans too!

Well, being that the core is a bit thicker, not as easy as a n OEM one....the issue is with the stock fans. I have some upgrade slim fans coming so I'm hoping the will make the radiator install easier. But as with all after market stuff, the fans will probably not go in without some hassle!

Back