NEMOC Random BS Thread

gotcha.. I only have the one trek 7300 right now. I haven't had the cash to pick up a proper road bike.

morning....as much as i loved the p5 and had sooo much fun with that car over the yrs, the new truck is a much better ride for these terrible roads...it doesn't have all the rattles and creaks either...quite ride..
my son on the other hand is enjoying the p5, he loves the turbo, hahaha. he was driving around in a van for the last 7 yrs and is having a ball in the little car again...he had a 90 civic hatchback. of course that may wear thin, but he doesn't have far to drive either, like 4 miles
attachment.php

Attachments

• p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 555
I've always liked the pre-GM SAABs. The old 80's 900 is very comfy for people over 6'. However when GM took over things took a turn for the worse. They kept the quirkiness but added GM build quality and reliability.

ive got the thule hitch rack which uses that same sidearm design. its good for me as most of my bikes either have odd size axles or bolt on front wheels. the advantage i can see to a fork mount rack is the bike would technically be held in more firmly and the car with bike would overall have a lower clearance.

I've officially left the Mazda family and bought a car today. 01 Saab 9-3 with 117k miles and 0 rust. Was able to get the car on a lift and take a look underneath before buying it.

Congrats Ash

Feeling a little old today....picked up a driving manual from the DMV on Saturday for our daughter to start studying (she can get her permint on June 7th) and ordered a prom dress for her yesterday. :'(

Ahh Jeff, I remember those days, driving lessons, new boys.

Sad day for us today. Had to put down our dog of 15 years. She was having troubles and getting worse so we made the tough decision. Still catching ourselves closing the door, collecting table scraps. s***.

On another note we are packing up and hitting the road tomorrow. On to Ft Lauderdale to meet my brother and his wife and then to the keys.

morning all....sorry to hear about the dog bruce....you had said before you left for FL that she was having some tough times...hang in there! are you going to the mitty end of april?

Ouch Mark, that hurts my eyes. I remember it all nice and shiny. :(

Anyone watch Top Gear USA last night? Not as good as the UK version, but still good for a few laughs. They took a Mazdaspeed 3 to 150mph.

Sorry to hear Bruce, pets are part of the family, always hard to let go.

Jeff, welcome to the club, they just keep getting older too. My how time flies by. Now it's new car, new job, figuring out life.

Ash, good to hear you have someone looking into it. Mostly electrical gremlins are what we had.

morning all....sorry to hear about the dog bruce....you had said before you left for FL that she was having some tough times...hang in there! are you going to the mitty end of april?

Thanks guys. It's tough. No not going to the mitty. Need to conserve my US time so maybe Glen and LRP for races this year.

Sad day for us today. Had to put down our dog of 15 years. She was having troubles and getting worse so we made the tough decision. Still catching ourselves closing the door, collecting table scraps. s***.

Sorry to hear Bruce :(

Anyone watch Top Gear USA last night? Not as good as the UK version, but still good for a few laughs. They took a Mazdaspeed 3 to 150mph.

Ash, good to hear you have someone looking into it. Mostly electrical gremlins are what we had.

Soooo did you miss the Saab 9-3 Viggen on that show? That's the 2.3l T 225hp, vs my 2.0l T 185hp :D Haven't watched it yet but I did record it. As far as electrical, I've been through every feature and everything's working as expected. There's no rust on the car and no water leaking anyway, so I'm hopeful on staving off electrical issues. It looks like I have the slightly older DI system which I believe is the one that doesn't have issues, funny enough. We shall see. For the money I paid there was nothing better or nicer on the market, and I've always loved these cars. The online community is VERY similar to here, and I'm already planning on attending a couple of Saab meets.

The car has a CD player stock (first car I've ever owned that had a CD player factory in it, whoa) but I want to replace it with my Clarion, or an Alpine I've been eyeing. So, kit to install aftermarket radio is on the way, as well as an adapter so I can still use the steering wheel radio controls.

Afternoon everyone. Been laid up the last two days with the stomach bug. Pretty sure I picked it up over the weekend when we helped move the last of Tamz grandmothers belongings out of assisted living. Feeling much better now and have eaten some toast and Cheerios. mmmmmm

Thanks guys and a club that def. came up fast. Looking back I have no idea where the last 15yrs went. As much as Tam and I have said how nice it will be when she gets it for running out to get things for us here and there I'm still not looking forward to watching her pull out of the driveway on her own. :( Also applied for her first job at Ritas. So not only will she have her own spending money but maybe I'll get luck and she'll bring home some leftover italian ice. :)

Congrats Ash!! I know Saabs have gotten a bad rap over the years but the car looks pretty clean. I wish you luck! And not only do you have your first car with a factory cd player but wipers for the headlights! I've never had one of those. lol

Bruce, safe driving down to Ft. Lauderdale. Also sorry to hear about your puppy! :(

Chris, can't remember but are you in Manchester? Heading up there in May for Brickfair at the Expo Center.

Thanks guys. It's tough. No not going to the mitty. Need to conserve my US time so maybe Glen and LRP for races this year.

Sorry to hear about the dog Bruce, I know how it is to lose a pet(family member). Hope to see you at the Glen and LRP...let me know if you need anything from us.

I thought of you Ashley when I watched Top Gear last night. Good to know your knees will be safe in the event of a collision.

Anyway, if you're looking to upgrade the audio system, I have two 5 channel amps that need a home. $100 takes either one. Both are about 30w x 4 + 200w x 1. Decent power for a sub and 4 speakers (or bi-amping front speakers) but won't fit under a seat due to their length.

Thanks Chris. I actually have the sound system in the Mazda that going to be moved over, which includes an amp for the speakers. I'll probably only move the headunit over right now and put in the amp along with new speakers in the spring.

morning all.

now i know i know i tell you all i love the cold and snow but now im getting antsy. picked this up tuesday night and really itching to start riding it to work
IMG_5459_zps099e95eb.jpg

Morn all, at a seminar in bean town. Lovin the new truck! Having a hard time not wanting to add some mods, like a k&n cai, and a programmer for some additional ponies and improved shift points..... Lets see how long I can hold out! ;)

morning all.

now i know i know i tell you all i love the cold and snow but now im getting antsy. picked this up tuesday night and really itching to start riding it to work
IMG_5459_zps099e95eb.jpg

Oh, very nice! Is that an FSA crankset I see? I rode inside for 2 hours last night, haven't been riding much lately due to things, but hopefully back on the horse this week.

Brought the bike up to the shop yesterday, and if my seat was a couple inches lower, the bike could stand up sans-front wheel in the back of the car. Oh well, roof racks it is.

i wonder if this thing will fit in the p5 with the front wheel off standing up. yes it is an fsa k-force light crankset. i love how much raw carbon is on this thing! as i look up more and more the value of the replaced components, i get shocked as to how good a deal this bike was

one more for your viewing pleasure Ash

IMG_5458_zps15e92d67.jpg

Last edited:
Back