What did you pay for your CX-5?

JTL,

I agree as they are making way more than that extra $1,000 on that trade in according to his statement of buying it for est $6,400 and attempting to sell it for $11,975. But remember you don't get the hassle of selling it and now you have an awesome car :)

Bopper,

Your price seems well in line without the extra $500 rebate.

Bought a '14 Crystal White Pearl CX-5 AWD w/ tech package on 2/4/2013 for $29195(includes the $500 Mazda loyalty cash back) so other colors besides the Soul Red would be $28,995.
Price did not include TT&L
Also got the 0.9% Mazda financing through Chase, only financed about $14k & interest was ~$200 for 36 months.
Monthly payment of $398.

They did low ball me on my trade in $6400($6300 & threw in All Season Floor Mats, $100 value) for '06 Mazda 3 hatch, see it listed for $11,975.

That's on a Touring, not a GT, I am guessing?

Costco Pricing

Has anyone gone through the Costco member pricing program for a 2014 CX-5? When we bought our daughter's Impreza last year, we were able to get it for invoice thru them. Just wondering what kind of discounts Costco is giving.

^I was going to but have never payed over invoice for a new car and figured I could do better than Costco.

From the limited research I did, I got the idea that if you just want a haggle-free experience Costco was a good option-- but you could do a little better negotiating on your own.

First post. Just purchased a 2013 touring awd in white. I got it for $27,500 OTD including factory remote start, 2 years maintenance, with a $500 rebate for presidents weekend. How did I do on price?

Bought a '14 GT FWD with the tech package, roof rack, wheel locks,floor mats, window tint, and data dots in Meteor Grey yesterday in Gilbert AZ.

$29,479 for the car + $399 dealer doc fee (unavoidable here)
8.8% tax
~$500 for vehicle registration tax
= $33,002 out the door.

Even including the hold back, the dealership lost $88 on the sale, although I am sure their doc fee adds profit that isn't considered in their numbers in the computer.

$399 dealer doc fee (unavoidable here)

Even including the hold back, the dealership lost $88 on the sale, although I am sure their doc fee adds profit that isn't considered in their numbers in the computer.

The doc fee is nearly all profit.

Here's an article about it, specifically about how it is handled in Arizona. Your dealership could well have discounted the car's price elsewhere and still "charged" the fee. Sounds like they have to in Arizona.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/20120815buying-car-aware-doc-fee.html

Well I think I am going to make the plunge tomorrow for a 2014 AWD Grand Touring, Meteor Grey with the Tech Package and remote start, so far best price I am getting is $31095.00 which based on True Car figures is $31 above factory invoice, and about $720 under the MSRP

Will try one more last minute effort to get a bit more shaved off if not have them throw a few extras like the cargo cover and free oil changes in

Last edited:
The doc fee is nearly all profit.

Here's an article about it, specifically about how it is handled in Arizona. Your dealership could well have discounted the car's price elsewhere and still "charged" the fee. Sounds like they have to in Arizona.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/20120815buying-car-aware-doc-fee.html

Yep, saw that article before, but thank you for posting it again. I am not going to speculate at this point if I could have done any better - I tend to doubt that I could have here.

My feeling is that you can loose if you try to chisel too much. You do need to deal with dealers AFTER you've bought the vehicle, either through service or warranty work. Best to develop a good working relationship than save a few dollars on the price.

Bought a '14 GT FWD with the tech package, roof rack, wheel locks,floor mats, window tint, and data dots in Meteor Grey yesterday in Gilbert AZ.

$29,479 for the car + $399 dealer doc fee (unavoidable here)
8.8% tax
~$500 for vehicle registration tax
= $33,002 out the door.

Invoice the way it is equipped is 29389 before window tint which I assume means that they tinted the front pass and drivers side windows since the rear window tint is a part of the standard package. They did not lose money and if they said they did well.........they are a car dealer after all. The important thing is that you are happy.

My feeling is that you can loose if you try to chisel too much. You do need to deal with dealers AFTER you've bought the vehicle, either through service or warranty work. Best to develop a good working relationship than save a few dollars on the price.
True will be working on a few free oil changes also

As of today, will be waiting to hear back from my dealer as to the best number they will offer on my trade. I think there's some $$$ on the table that they would like to hold onto and so would I! The vehicle that I'm interested in is in their inventory so I would think they would be motivated to come to an agreement. It's been there for a few weeks so it's not like people are banging at their door and throwing blank checks in their direction. Hoping that their need to move units is greater than my want to get the CX-5...

Just gave a deposit via email. The car is currently on the boat.

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Tech Pack, White Paint, Black leather, Wheel Locks. Paying Invoice: $30,502. Msrp: $31,954.

Dealer called a couple of days ago and asked about getting different VIN car car early with the same options, I said okay.
I paid exactly the same amount of money for the new car but it came with a couple o.f extra items. The new one came with Rear parking sensors and the Rear Bumper guard as well. Those are $575 (msrp) worth of extras that were just included at no extra charge. Niether item was a necessity, but it was nice to get a liitle something extra and it didn't cost me more for once. So now my CX5 sits in wait in my driveway :)

I just got home from buying my CX-5 and I love it!

White 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech Pack, Rear Bumper Guard, Retractable cargo cover, Roof rack, Wheel locks, and All Weather Mats for $29,998 + taxes.

I can't wait to drive it in daylight!

White 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech Pack, Rear Bumper Guard, Retractable cargo cover, Roof rack, Wheel locks, and All Weather Mats for $29,998 + taxes.

(bs)

Wow - just curious, did you have a trade in too?

Trade ins, financing, ext warranties all make comparing prices very difficult. Imo the only true comparison are deals that are cash (or at least not dealer financing) with no trade. Depending on the interest rate a dealer could make hundreds of dollars on interest reserve.

Purchased a 2014 CX-5 in Touring trim with rear parking sensors and wheel locks. Paid $24,534 after freight and BS processing fee. Edmunds lists invoice as $25,128.

Back