What have you done to your MSP today?

Well luckily the AEM has a bypass plug that will let me disconnect the unit from the wiring harness and run right from the ECU, so if I am having problems (as I am now) I can just unplug it and still be able to drive the car. Awesome feature if you ask me. I did not wire in a resistor as I wasn't sure if I would need one, and I did not have one in the box. When the AEM is plugged in, the car will crank but won't turn over. So you think the MAF wire could be the issue?

Well anytime we had to wire in a piggyback or something, we always had to put in a pull down resistor because the MAF voltage would be too high. The factory ecu has one on it's input circuitry... Try starting it like I told you and see if it does anything.

Hey question for anyone who may know... If there is a msp wit stock turbo pushin 14psi n a msp with a gt28 pushin 14psi both same mods and tuned will they make the same power?

Hey question for anyone who may know... If there is a msp wit stock turbo pushin 14psi n a msp with a gt28 pushin 14psi both same mods and tuned will they make the same power?

Is that a test? The 28 can push more air at 14psi whereas the stock turbo is pretty much out of breath by then so the 28 will make more power.

yeah my thoughts exactly lol but now he's tryna change what he originally was argueing.. lol aww good times.. but anyway sorry to be off the piggy back topic yaw had goin on i jist needed a sane opinion thanx rick

Last edited:
he's responded to several of my posts in the exact same way. You know nothing, despite what you can support with evidence. He's still right.

Well yea I did use a proper crimp tool. It's a wire cutter and crimp tool in 1. I'm thinking I should check the injector connections first. It could also have something to do with 1 of the wires that the AFC used. Oh and here is the awesome idiot proof guide I found that proves I am an idiot since I still goofed something up LOL.

Here is the actual thread on the AEM forums:

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,24419.0.html

I just realized that the guy who posted it is having the same problem... so I guess the diagram has a flaw.

Talk to SwirlFX he has one on his car......

You all need to learn to stop abbreviating everything, just type that s*** out it does not take that much longer and it makes the reading so much easier for at least me.

Yea I noticed swirl posted on the AEM forums. After some more in depth reading of the 200+ page manual for the tuning software, I think I may have to adjust some settings before the car will be able to start. Also I may have to update the firmware.

So in short, it's possible that I have it wired correctly and I'm going to check the firmware / software side of things before adjusting any wires.

what i got up to this weekend. still have to grind them, sand them, paint them ect. oh and figure out an intake.

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

paid $80 cdn for the pipes which came with all the rubber couplers you see and 80% of the tbolt clamps, $25 usd for the technoweld. i still have 8-9 rods left so plenty to do my wheels.

i have 2x 3" vibrant 45 pipes which are entirely too big to fit anywhere lol. so ill have to cut the bends out and join them to fab an intake cause i obviously didn't think about the intake when i made teh coldpipe lol. damn bov.

now i could have just got the cx kit from ebay for $75? but they want $83 to ship it to canada.... so id say im doing alright. when i go water to air, ill put the intercooler in the same location as the smic, or just cut the welds and shuffle stuff around =)

ahh...i thought u actually welded them, but i see now that you used the technoweld stuff...
thats more like brazing or soldering then welding lol

yes it is. like brazing it requires the heat of the metal to create the chemical reaction to bond the rod to the metal, but once it is properly bonded, APPARENTLY, its strong as steel..

considering it melts with a propane torch i doubt that but its certainly strong enough for intercooler piping. i had to hit the flange with a 2lb sledge and some swing to break the weld. which really just imploded the pipe first ha.

but hey.. welders are expensive lol.

Made that 17 hour trip from TX to SC again. Time to see some SC Mazdas. Gettin a lil fuel cut out here, nothin too major though

Back