Yokohama Tires

Need to scuff them up a bit more to get rid of the manufacturing slick, but they are already better. Smoother and quieter by a couple of decibels, at least. Hard to get accurate readings with our roof rack, but I can hear a difference.

Better acceleration, too. Can't wait for them to be fully broken in. Shouldn't take long.

They are the same dimensions as the Duelers, but the design is a lot more aggressive and makes the Yoks look lower and wider, too. The Duelers look like tall skinny boring truck tires compared to these.
They even make the factory wheels look better.

Attachments

• Yokohama Parada 01.JPG
    Yokohama Parada 01.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Yokohama Parada 02.JPG
    Yokohama Parada 02.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Tried some sharp turns. Where the Duelers would let go and let the car plow straight even at slower speeds, the Paradas continue holding to the point where the car intervenes and applies the brakes. MUCH better.

Those are 18's correct. Let me know what you think in the snow when possible. I love the look!!! But I really want a better tire that sticks in the snow. My wifes family lives in Minnesota and we travel there in the winter time so a better all season tire in some snow is what I need. Thanks again!

18", yes. Gonna be 7 months or so before I get these on ice, but all accounts say they are pretty good for an 'all season'.
If you compare them to other tires, particularly the Duelers, you can see the open block style tread reminiscent of a snow tire rather than the radial groove design.

Dueler H/l 400 - Latitude Tour HP - Parada Spec X - Blizzak Snow

Attachments

• Dueler HL 400.JPG
    Dueler HL 400.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Latitude Tour HP.jpg
    Latitude Tour HP.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 198
  • Parada Spec X.jpg
    Parada Spec X.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Blizzak.jpg
    Blizzak.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
I have the 20" Yokahoma's and they are so much better than the stock Bridgestones. I have 22,000 miles on them and they are still going strong.

rk2112 how do you like yours in the snow? I assume that you have used them in PA where you get just a little snow...lol.

Need to scuff them up a bit more to get rid of the manufacturing slick, but they are already better. Smoother and quieter by a couple of decibels, at least. Hard to get accurate readings with our roof rack, but I can hear a difference.

Better acceleration, too. Can't wait for them to be fully broken in. Shouldn't take long.

They are the same dimensions as the Duelers, but the design is a lot more aggressive and makes the Yoks look lower and wider, too. The Duelers look like tall skinny boring truck tires compared to these.
They even make the factory wheels look better.

nice look - keep the updates on the tires coming. i'm almost wondering if discount tire would give me a decent amount of credit for the duellers w/<200miles on them and apply the money towards a new set of tires...

it seems that my original other idea of buying a set of 18" with snow tires could be costly after reading that thread about TPMS costs...new technology - what the hell!?!?!?

I went with the Yokohama YK520 from Discount Tire. The difference in ride is amazing....so much smoother and quieter. Nice look, should be a good long-term tire.

They were on back order for 6-8 weeks. I had the Paradas on my Dodge Magnum RT (the one my teenage son totalled recently) and liked them a lot. They wear really well.

I didn't want to wait for the Paradas, so I went with these and, as I said, they are pretty impressive.

Beaver pelts tied together and wrapped around the rim with hemp rope are better than the Duelers.

I think Discount Tire might know that too. Took my BMW and Mazda6 yesterday to have winter/summer tires swapped out and rotation, respectively. As a side question, asked if they would buy the OEM Bridgestones with 200+ miles on them....manager there said...sorry, we can only offer ~20 dollars a tire and that it would likely be worth it for me to keep driving on them... 20$ a tire?!?!?

not knowing much about TPMS, can i buy a set of winter wheels/tires and not have TPMS on them? and when it comes time to put the summer tires back on, plug the TPMS back in (i'm not even sure what TPMS consists of...some sensor with a plug that goes into the car somewhere???)

You can have tires mounted without the TPMs. You will just have to tolerate the Flat Tire light on the dash.

All they are is a sending unit mounted to the valve stem that measure the air pressure inside the tire and send that reading to a receiver.

If any of the units sends a pressure below the preset PSI, the receiver activates the dash light. It doesn't tell you which one to encourage you to check all of the tires, which is a good practice anyway.

Attachments

• TPMS.jpg
    TPMS.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 195
not knowing much about TPMS, can i buy a set of winter wheels/tires and not have TPMS on them? and when it comes time to put the summer tires back on, plug the TPMS back in (i'm not even sure what TPMS consists of...some sensor with a plug that goes into the car somewhere???)

The preset PSI is between 20-25 psi (yes, I tested it).
When summer comes, just put your tires with TPMS sensors back on the wheels.
There is a simple procedure to make the TPMS "recognize" the tires again (i.e. start your engine and drive for 15 minutes, that kind of stuff). All DIY.
Alternatively, if you don't like to see the "check tire presure light", buy a set of TPMS sensors to put on your winter wheels. It is about $50-$60 each. There are many on eBay. Mazda uses the same sensors across the lines of vehicles.

Interesting, though.
If we can create a air tight container.
Put those four TPMS sensors in it and raise the pressure up to 25psi.
The TPMS light won't come on at all.
That way, you don't have to carry extra 300+lbs of those four tires and wheels.

Back