WTB: OEM Stock Muffler

Tom Newbie

:
2009 Mazdaspeed 3
My first post here. Just bought an 09 Mazdaspeed 3, and I'm enjoying everything except the Corksport CBE it came with. It didn't bother me at first, but I am quickly getting tired of how loud it is and how much it drones.

I thought about getting the Corksport Silencer but I read it rattled like crazy, so now I'm looking for a stock Mazdaspeed 3 muffler, basically the rear section beyond where the stock exhaust normally gets cut to remove it. I just plan to get it attached to the rest of the Corksport piping.

Anybody have one for sale? Or if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, anybody want to work out a trade?

I'm also open to other ideas on how to make this thing quiet. I do a lot of highway driving, and the droning is the worst part.

I know a few ppl that have the HKS and the greaddy mufflers with the active silencers installed. Its some kind of spring activated thing, i dunno. What i do know is that its really quiet with the silencer installed and sounds great with it removed or installed. just a thought, i like corksport stuff personally so id say give it a try before you condemn the whole thing (if its not too expensive)
(nana)

If you haven't found one yet and are in west Tx lubbock area I would trade ya and install it for you :)

Back