World's first mazdaspeed5 (merged)

crosscut_saw.jpg

Seems they'll have the Speed 5 tuned by next issue. One person posted a couple of suggestions for tuning the turbo, hopefully they have some luck. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds would be awesome, I wonder what the 1/4 mile times will look like. Probably just over 14 seconds?

See June 09 issue

Yeah, we have to keep on mind that this is done by a tech school somewhere in Michigan if I'm not mistaken, so it takes time and there is limited budget for the project. If it was Hennessey or Saleen doing it I'm sure it would have been quick and cleaner (i.e. keeping the shifter in the same position as the OEM).

Seems they'll have the Speed 5 tuned by next issue. One person posted a couple of suggestions for tuning the turbo, hopefully they have some luck. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds would be awesome, I wonder what the 1/4 mile times will look like. Probably just over 14 seconds?

That would be hot

Not quite; 0-60 in 7.2sec

Biggest problem: switching out the Mazda 5 Body Control Module (BCM) with the Speed's Passenger Junction Box (PJB); "Mazda R&D said that substituting the BCM for the PJB would be next to impossible"

Not quite; 0-60 in 7.2sec

Biggest problem: switching out the Mazda 5 Body Control Module (BCM) with the Speed's Passenger Junction Box (PJB); "Mazda R&D said that substituting the BCM for the PJB would be next to impossible"

If you read my message again carefully, I didn't say the Speed 5 was achieving 0-60 in 6 seconds, I said hopefully the Speed 5 can do 0-60 in 6 seconds.

Sound too much trouble to do the "madzaspeed5"...

I think I will either buy a turbo kit, or buy the supercharger from cosworth.

Back