Workshop/Factory Repair Manual from Mazda Service Info on Engine stuff for 2nd Gen CX-5?

I am looking specifically for the Workshop/Factory Repair Manual for the 2021 (2nd gen) cx-5 but it seems it is not available on this site other than paying Mazda for it. Or is it not allowed here? Thanks !

I saw this thread Workshop Manuals for 2018 CX-5 but it does not include Engine stuff. Thanks

I think I got these from a CX-9 owner who did just what @CX5_Driver mentioned above. Engine Workshop Manual for the 2.5T, here you go :)

I'll also post a link in the Resources section, if I haven't already.
Any info on transmission part for the 2.5T? I’m curious how does Mazda think in the Wotkshop Manual to check the ATF level on a 2.5T with all the turbo plumbing blocking the dipstick access?

Any info on transmission part for the 2.5T? I’m curious how does Mazda think in the Wotkshop Manual to check the ATF level on a 2.5T with all the turbo plumbing blocking the dipstick access?

Sorry, all I had was the Engine info. But @Silly Wabbit has done a transmission fluid change on his CX-9 and detailed the process here:

Looks like you'd need to remove the OEM air box to get access to the dipstick. @MIMazdaowner provided some screenshots of the dipstick location and drain plug location in that thread as well.

Sorry, all I had was the Engine info. But @Silly Wabbit has done a transmission fluid change on his CX-9 and detailed the process here:

Looks like you'd need to remove the OEM air box to get access to the dipstick. @MIMazdaowner provided some screenshots of the dipstick location and drain plug location in that thread as well.

Is the 16-21 cx-9 (turbo and non turbo) transmission the same compared to the 17-21 cx-5 (turbo and non turbo) ?

For the turbo engine too? Thanks.

Last edited:
I am fairly new to this site but is there a word search option for the threads like is it possible if I want to search a particular word on any thread ? Thanks everyone for helping each other out! 😀

I am fairly new to this site but is there a word search option for the threads like is it possible if I want to search a particular word on any thread ? Thanks everyone for helping each other out! 😀
On any thread page, if you click "Search" at the top (and on the right), you'll see "Everywhere" next to the search field, click on the "Everywhere" dropdown menu and click "This thread"...Then enter your keyword and it should search only that specific thread.

Not sure that's what you mean...Hope that helps!

Is the 16-21 cx-9 (turbo and non turbo) transmission the same compared to the 17-21 cx-5 (turbo and non turbo) ?

For the turbo engine too? Thanks.

The 2016+ CX-9 only has one engine option (2.5T), and as far as I can tell, it uses the same Skyactiv-Drive transmission as the CX-5 (more info here). I didn't dig too deeply to see what specifically may be different between the many current Mazda models that use it, but I'm sure that at the very least, the TCU/TCM programming is different.

The same goes for the engine - I believe all of the internals and main components are the same, but I do know for sure that the turbo engine in the Mazda3 and CX-30 is slightly different from the Mazda6, CX-5, and CX-9 by the connector location for the TMAP sensor, according to Burger Tuning. On the Mazda3 and the CX-30, the sensor either doesn't exist or it is easily accessible from the engine bay, but on the other models, the sensor is located on the passenger side of the intercooler, which may require removal of the bumper cover for access.

Last edited:
I think I got these from a CX-9 owner who did just what @CX5_Driver mentioned above. Engine Workshop Manual for the 2.5T, here you go :)

I'll also post a link in the Resources section, if I haven't already.
Thanks for the info, do you know what cx-9 year(s) on that Engine Workshop Manual Skyactive G 2.5T ? Skyactive G 2.5T is the latest engine in cx-5 and cx-9 I believe?

Back