With a Saddened Heart I regret to inform

whatusername

:
02 protege5
Hey guys i just wanted to say it is with a saddened heart i must say goodbye to you all cuz today i have sold my p5 :-( I want to thank all of u for your help throughout the past year in fixing the issues with her. i was sad to see her go but i couldnt keep 2 cars since i went to the dark side and bought an integra last month.. i prefer the p5 over the teg as far as looks and ride quality but the teg is way more reliable and way easier to fix. I will miss this helpful Forum as i have joined honda tech and read just how rude and mean they are to some people who ask simple questions Vs here u all help.. Special thanks to Tweety,Hornsfan,PCB and the rest of yall for all the information and wiring diagrams u have given me.. i still have a couple p5 parts that i will list soon to get rid of but after that i Doubt i will be on much if at all. So thanks all and Drive safe

Any car can get stolen all depends how bad they want it. All i can do is what i have done already. quick release steering wheel with hub lock stealth installed 2 way pager alarm with starter kill and hidden location backup battery connected directly at brain module in case wires get pulled. separate fuel kill switch 2 big loud alarm sirens mounted on rear deck powered by a separate relay so i dont lose Db"s (Its Crazy loud) & re-route hood cable

my Ins only went up $9 total for the whole 6 months

Any car can get stolen all depends how bad they want it. All i can do is what i have done already. quick release steering wheel with hub lock stealth installed 2 way pager alarm with starter kill and hidden location backup battery connected directly at brain module in case wires get pulled. separate fuel kill switch 2 big loud alarm sirens mounted on rear deck powered by a separate relay so i dont lose Db"s (Its Crazy loud) & re-route hood cable

my Ins only went up $9 total for the whole 6 months
I feel bad for the guy who tries to steal your car, he'll probably crap his pants lol

not to mention the high insurance rate

I actually paid more for my protege than my 97 civic. Difference was $3. Cheapest insurance was on the faster cars for some reason, cheapest was 87 mustang gt and my 323 gtx. $10 difference a month between the mustang and protege for liability

'...the teg is way more reliable...'. I'd have to argue a bit, at least in my case.

My '5 has 187K on the clock and in 11 years, I've replaced one wheel bearing,
one timing belt, three sets of pads, two sets of plugs and a coil.

I believe that's called reliability and it runs like a champ. It's a keeper.

Back