Wireless Android Auto?

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Do our CX5 head units support the ability to connect to Android Auto wirelessly?

I've never been a fan of plugging in my android phone to connect to Android Auto. And even when connecting it's a buggy mess.

I read an article that stated certain Samsung Galaxy phones are now compatible with Android Auto Wireless.

My phone seems to have some funny interaction when it converts from Bluetooth Mazda Connect to wired USB Android Auto. If android auto were wireless I could use a dedicated quick charger plugged into the dash port, and/or use an inductive charger wherever I please. Or keep the phone in my pocket and not forget it when I get out of the car.

I'm also having an issue. Purchased a Motorola MA1 wireless dongle but so far am unable to connect using my Samsung S20. not sure if its me, the phone or the the car that's the issue

I'm also having an issue. Purchased a Motorola MA1 wireless dongle but so far am unable to connect using my Samsung S20. not sure if its me, the phone or the the car that's the issue
Have an S20, never had an issue with the MA1, going on 3 months now. Do you have the MA1 plugged into the correct USB port that's for Android Autpplay/Carplay in the console?

i have an S20 FE and have been using the MA1 for about 4 months too and don't have any issues. i don't love the AA UI in the Mazda but that's not fixable. if you are having trouble connecting, you have to follow all of the directions to the letter. ensure AA is turned on in the phone, location is on, BT is on. i think the key part of the install is to connect your phone to the car wired, and get AA going. quickly unplug the phone and plug the MA1 into the same USB port that the phone just was. then pair the phone with the MA1 via BT.

Have an S20, never had an issue with the MA1, going on 3 months now. Do you have the MA1 plugged into the correct USB port that's for Android Autpplay/Carplay in the console?
Yes, I had it plugged into the same port I used with the cable
i have an S20 FE and have been using the MA1 for about 4 months too and don't have any issues. i don't love the AA UI in the Mazda but that's not fixable. if you are having trouble connecting, you have to follow all of the directions to the letter. ensure AA is turned on in the phone, location is on, BT is on. i think the key part of the install is to connect your phone to the car wired, and get AA going. quickly unplug the phone and plug the MA1 into the same USB port that the phone just was. then pair the phone with the MA1 via BT.
It may be an issue with Bluetooth connection. After i tap pare on the phone the light on the MA1 does not change from flashing to solid green no matter how long I wait

Back