Wiper bushing

90210brandon

Contributor
Under the finishing garnish at the bottom of the windshield, is a linkage which connects to the motor that runs the wipers. Attaching the linkage to the wiper motor is another arm the allows the are to reciprocate. To attach the linkage to the reciprocating arm Mazda uses a nylon (aka plastic) bushing. (I hope all of that makes sense, I don't have a pic).

Well my bushing just popped off while I was (wrc)
driving. And it's raining here on the Wet Coast. Thank gawd, I was close to home at the time.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did they fix it, besides having the wipers motor or the necessary bits replaced?

Last edited:
No idea...any chance you could get a pic? I don't know how that could / would break if it's what I'm thinking of. These cars aren't that old...

No idea...any chance you could get a pic? I don't know how that could / would break if it's what I'm thinking of. These cars aren't that old...
Let's try this:
One shows the engine bay.
The next shows the wiper arms still on and the bushing popped off.
The next is the wiper arms out of the car
The next pic is the bushing. Notice the piece that is missing from the plastic
The last is the temporary solution: two zip ties

Last edited:
Should be able to... Junkyard as well - only because this isn't a common problem/design defect.

I will look at mine and give a tug check as well. hhmmmh.

I got a new wiper arm. It was $15 CAD ($15.25USD). Attached is the part with the number. I was surprise that the parts guys at Mazda have seen this part many times before.

Last edited:
Back