Unknown Problem with Wipers

:
2016 Mazda CX-9
Hey everyone,

So, I've been having issues with my wipers, where whenever they are on, the blades will be shaking. I have attached a couple of videos showcasing my problem. I'm not really sure what the issue is, as I have washed, clay-barred, and polished the windshield. The products I used for the wash were Meguiars, Chemical Guys for the clay bar, and Nu Polish for the polish. Even after doing these steps, I'm unsure as to what the issue could be. I have also gone ahead and replaced the wiper arms and blades with OEM parts.

Can you guys please give some suggestions as to what else I can do? It's really annoying while I am driving as my eye keeps focusing on the wipers just shaking as they're moving.

Thank you for reading my message and leaving any tips you guys can have. I live in Jamaica, Queens and would be happy to have you guys come over if you would like to see the issue in-person.

- Shawnee

Could anything on the wiper arm be bent or loose possibly? If not, and the blades are installed properly, maybe the issue is the front wiper motor or the wiper linkage. First thing I'd try is lubricating the wiper linkage with some silicone lubricant.

Could anything on the wiper arm be bent or loose possibly? If not, and the blades are installed properly, maybe the issue is the front wiper motor or the wiper linkage. First thing I'd try is lubricating the wiper linkage with some silicone lubricant.
I’ve checked to see whether both wipers arms and blades were loose; however, they were not. I removed the wiper blade to see whether the rubber insert was properly installed, and it was. One thing that I have noticed (and this would happen sometimes), is that whenever the wipers would be upright, it would seem as though they get stuck and unstuck within a couple milliseconds. I know this is not the best description, but I will try to get a video of this issue.

Can you please let me know how to lubricate the wiper linkage or where the wiper linkage is by showing real-time images?

Thank you,
Shawnee

Try an auto glass stripper to really clean it, then nothing else, no polish, etc. After that you might need new wiper blade inserts...that's low cost and easy, buy them from any Mazda dealership and put them in.

I just came from my car. I didn't take it apart, but it looks like the wiper linkage is underneath the cowling at the base of the windshield. There are some plastic fasteners holding it in place, but it looks like you'll also need to unbolt the wiper blade at the base to actually take the cowling off. The cover on the base pulls off pretty easily, exposing the bolt holding the wiper assembly. With the cowling off, I'd spray the lubricant anywhere it looks like there is an articulating joint or a pivot point.

Might be a lot of work, so try stripping the windshield first, as @PTguy suggested above.

Try an auto glass stripper to really clean it, then nothing else, no polish, etc. After that you might need new wiper blade inserts...that's low cost and easy, buy them from any Mazda dealership and put them in.
Would you recommend I use this product?

Attachments

• IMG_3398.png
    IMG_3398.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 46
I think Invisible Glass is a good brand, and Glass Stripper will remove any coating that is on the glass. It's a low cost, easy way to be sure your glass is totally clean.

After the glass is clean try treating it with Rain-X. The first time you use it, you'll have to do it again in a week or two. After that, depending on weather, you can go a month or two before you need to do it again.
I've been using that stuff for over 20 years. Water beads up on the glass, and when it's freshly treated, you won't need your wipers.
It's great in our winters too. Ice and snow melts away a lot easier. I love that stuff.

Back